Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Why, oh Why?

This blog could go both ways...It could be a long rant, asking why God lets bad things happen to good people. It could be a place for me to whine about being surrounded by loss. Instead, I want to celebrate the life that I have...The fact that I am so incredibly blessed to be given each and every breath that I take. I got news that someone I knew died tragically this weekend. It wasn't someone I was "friends" with, but I knew him through my brother and other friends...We went to church together when I first moved to Nashville. Anyway, he was killed this weekend in a freak canoeing accident. It's awful, because he was a really nice kid...just 24 years old. And like I said, as awful as I feel when I hear things like this, I also have to stop and look at how lucky I am to have another day. It's so important to live each day as if it is your last (as cliche as it sounds)...and even more so, to make sure that everyone you know is going to Heaven when they do pass. What's more important than that? Life is precious...and so are all of you!

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

i'm sry to hear about that. :(
Their family will be in my prayers.
a canoeing accident?

Melanie said...

Wow. That is so sad, but you are so very right. I will say a prayer for his family. It's been a hard year for a lot of people, and as hard as it sometimes is, I wonder how I have been so blessed.