Saturday, August 8, 2009

Making the Most of Daddy being home!

We've had the BEST time since Justin got home! Sometimes it can be tricky to get back into the swing of things after he's been gone for so long. Alana and I have our routine for when he's out to sea, and he gets used to being on the ship...I can honestly say this has been the easiest transition back to normal life yet! Justin got 2nd leave this time, so he still hasn't gotten any time off yet. His leave starts the 15th...but we have been making the most of the time that he IS home. He's been working nights, so we've had him home during the day for the most part (even if he is sleeping some of it!)

Monday night we went to the Tides game. This is a Portas family favorite :) We always have such a great time! Justin's shipmate went with us, too! It was a blast, as always! While we were waiting in line at the box office to get tickets, someone even gave us FREE tickets! Somehow Justin is always lucky like that :)

Justin and Alana showing their team spirit!

Gooooo Tides!

Watching so intently...
Today is the first chance I've really had to upload pictures and blog! That is because Justin took Alana on a date :) (Don't tell her I said that, though...she informed us that it "annoys her" when we say she's going on a date with Daddy...so we call it "Daddy time") N-E-Who. I had to run a long 10 miles today, so Justin took Alana to the movies and Chuck E Cheese while I sweated my life away!
Getting ready to leave on their DATE!

Not sure...They are silly!

I miss them already!!!
I LOVE THESE TWO!!!
Now I'm icing my knees and ankle, so that I can walk into church tonight :) I seriously do miss Justin and Alana already! I am ready for them to come back home...

Did I mention I ran TEN miles today?!

Peace, Love and Happy times!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ten miles? I'm really impressed. So cool about the Alana & daddy time, but it probably seems really quiet at home.

Thanks for sharing the pics. They are adorable as always. :)

Jenna Lea said...

Woohoo, TEN miles! :)
Awh, theyre so cute. I remember going on dates with Dad when a was Alana's age.
Actually, I went on one with him the other night. Pizza date! :)

Oh, looks like fun.