Friday, June 29, 2007

Two too many.


Ok, so this is going to be a bunch of random stuff all stuffed into one blog entry...why? Because I haven't been blogging and then I found out that I have people who actually READ this. I guess I have my brother to thank for that one! So first of all, my baby turned 3 on Monday. I'm still trying to come to grips with that...She'll be graduating high school before I know it! She had her first party with "friends" of her own. And then, of course, we went to Chuck E. Cheese with DADDY'S friends. These are the men who protect our freedom haha. I'm sure by now it's not "news" but I also found out today that the Relient K tour bus burned to pieces. I told Jon that he has exceeded his lifetime limit for the number of times that he can be in a vehicle that is on fire. (For those of you who know us for real, I don't need to explain that backstory)...and I'd rather not! I am so thankful that God had His hand of protection on not only Jon, but also the rest of the band and crew. I know they all have good senses of humor, but this is not something to take lightly! I do know that when things like this happen, it reminds us all to make the most of what we are given...I am so blessed in so many ways. I have an amazing family, fantastic friends...and now people who read my blog--I'm sure you are equally awesome! Time to go put my big girl to bed!

4 comments:

anne said...

Allison,congratulations on your baby turning 3,She's absolutely beautiful!!!I too wanted to thank God for protecting Jon and all the guys on the bus.It certainly puts into perspective how quickly life can change and how our possesions can quickly be taken away.Let us then set our minds on things above and on eternity ,that is what truly matters,all this could be taken away in an instant.God bless you all!!!

Jenna Lea said...

WOW!!! I can kinda relate with the entire kids growing up thing. I'm def. not a parent because I'm only 14, but my cousin is about to be 7 and I can still remember the 1st time I ever held him. I keep thinking he's going to be 4 or 5.

I have a God story to go along with the bus story. Wednesday night I was talking to my friend Alyssa about Relient K. Her favorite band member is your brother I might add. We were so excited because he made eye contact with her at the Six Flags Over Texas concert. That's how crazy we are, that's probably weird to think people that you don't know at all and that he doesn't even know are so excited when he just looks at them. That night When I got home from church and I was saying my prayers, I included Relient K to be safe wherever they were and to protect them. I don't know what I would do if Relient K wasn't around! Then, the next morning I got an email from my friend about the fire. I thought that was really cool how God put that on my heart.

WOW!! Sorry this is so long but I had to let you know that. I love reading your blog! millerjenna@gmail.com :)
That is true about how I wouldn't read your blog if it weren't for your brother, but if I knew you you seem like a good person to talk to about God and other things like that. You're amazing!!

Jenna :)

Anonymous said...

I Agree With Jenna, I Wouldnt Read Your Blog If It Werent For Jon, But You Really Do Seem Like A Great Person :D

Melanie said...

I just happened to notice your blogsite on Jon's site, so I guess you do have to thank him for it. I think I checked it out a long time ago, too. Not sure, though. At any rate, the whole bus thing really gave me goosebumps when I saw the pics. He has other brushes with vehicle fires? O.K. I won't ask. LOL

Your daughter is adorable. I know what you mean about them growing up fast. My "baby" is now 23. I still can't believe how much faster the time seems to go every year.

BTW, I am using the same layout for my blog. LOL It's pretty, isn't it?