Friday, July 6, 2007

The "Ike-a-traz" and more


So yeah it's not even 4 a.m. and I am up and blogging. Weird. I can't sleep, and I have to get up soon anyway to take Justin to the ship. He's going underway for a week, which isn't horrible...in fact it's nothing compared to the 8 months he was gone before. The thing is that he is only going to be home for one week out of the next month...Did I mention we are moving in a month? So that means Allison has a lot to do in the next few weeks :) I must be tired, I'm referring to myself in third person now. When I drop Justin off this morning, I am going to try and find something to do for an hour or so (at 6:30 a.m. mind you) to kill time until the housing office opens. I have to go sign all the paperwork for our new home. God is so good. It's crazy how He answers prayers in ways you would never expect. I'm glad that I worship a God who is so amazing! For anyone who doesn't know, we live about 30 miles from the base right now...It's a LONG commute though due to tunnels and traffic. Justin is gone about 14-15 hours a day on the days he works. AND we have one car! So it makes it hard. We got a call from the housing, offering us a 3 bedroom (we only qualify for a 2) one mile from the base. The waiting list for these places is 12-16 months, and we aren't even on the list. So when I say God is good...I mean, God is good. I hate to think of moving. Ugh, we have only been here about a year. What else? Justin, Alana and I went to the beach in Yorktown Monday. (Hence the picture). My mom says there aren't enough pictures of Alana and me, because I am the one taking most of them. So here's to you mom. I'm heading south to the big SC in a couple of days to visit my aunts and my grandma. It should be a nice break before the return of the Ike-a-traz (as Justin has coined it) and before I have to start packing up all of my earthly belongings...If any of you haven't seen Evan Almighty, you should see it. It's kind of corny, but it has a really good message...and I have seen that play out in my life this week. God doesn't always answer our prayers in the way we think He should or will. But He does answer them! Always in His own perfect timing.

6 comments:

Denise Schneck said...

The Picture is GREAT. Thanks, Mom.

Jenna Lea said...

I love God! He is so amazing! Sounds like you are going to have tons of fun moving, *wink*. I'll be praying for your family to have a safe and not extremely difficult move and for your husband. You're amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

God Is So Fantastic! I'll Be Praying for You And Your Packing/Moving. Have Fun Visiting Your Relatives! :D

anne said...

ok,so i haven't checked your blog in a few days and now i see you have written three of them! Amen God sure is AAAMAZING!!!!!!

anne said...

Hi Allison,I haven't checked your blog in a few days and now i see you have written three,yeah!!!
Amen,God is truly AAAMAZING and He will bless the move.

anne said...

sorry,I didn't mean to comment twice,computer insane i think?