Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesdays with Ally


"Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you wil have it." Mark 11:24 (NLT)

I think that the military is annoying sometimes, but one thing that it has taught me is to fully trust that God will answer prayers and provide my family with what I need. I think I posted on Saturday about how I saw what I thought might be Justin's ship in the bay...well, come to find out it was actually the USS Enterprise. They are heading BACK out for their second long deployment in 14 months. The Ike went over to relieve them in October...they have only been home since November, and now they are gone again. I feel great compassion for the wives and families of those sailors...and at the same time, I feel a bit of anxiety for myself...I know Justin is on call until the end of the year, and they could be called back to the Gulf at the drop of a hat. However, the Bible tells us to worry about nothing and instead to pray about everything...and when I pray, I am going to believe that God will hear me and answer me in His way. We must also trust that God will give our President the knowledge he needs to get us through this war...Can you tell I am missing my husband? I just got used to having him home, and they took him away again...at least we have email! So I'm keeping busy and trying to get my apartment ready for an inspection on Thursday...going through my stuff and downsizing as much as I can before we move. And the more I do, the more stuff I realize there is to be done! It's one garbage bag at a time.

4 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

WOW! I can't imagine being in shoes right now. BUT I know you fully trust in God that he will provide. You're amazing! I'm prsying for you and your family. I hope you have a low stress move.
Jenna :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I Dont Know What To Say That Jenna Hasnt But I Just Want You To Know That Im praying For You Too And I Just Wanted You To Know That Your Blog Is Really encouraging :)
Thanks!

anne said...

Remember Allison, The Lord never gives us any trial that we can't cope with .Remember also that you have a lot of people praying for you and your family thanks to that wonderful little brother of yours.God Bless you all.Anne.

Allison said...

Amen to that!