Friday, August 31, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame


Last night was a blast. We went to see the Norfolk Tides play baseball...I actually loathe watching baseball on tv, because I find it to be slow and blah...but I like going to the park and being in the middle of all the action :) I went to games with my dad growing up. We went to a few Atlanta Braves games, spring training games in Orlando...and I even got to see Michael Jordan play baseball in his short-lived (baseball) career. However, Justin and Alana have never been to a game. I wasn't sure how Alana would do, but she was amazing through ALL 9 innings! Justin really enjoyed it. He's a guy's guy, though...so you can't really go wrong with any kind of sporting event. The military actually had a bbq before the game, so we got free food and free baseball. Gotta love that! The peanuts and cotton candy, however, were not free :) As if that wasn't enough excitement, we came home and Justin got an email asking for permission to play one of his songs on XM radio. He entered a contest through myspace...so that's cool, too! Ok, well enough blogging for now...I have to go finish unpacking today!

3 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

WOW!!! Sounds like an exciting week. I love going to REAL baseball games too! That's soooo amazing about his song! I wanna hear it! :)

Melanie said...

I feel the same way. I don't follow sports much, and I have no desire to watch them on tv, but I do enjoy a good live game on occasion. I bet the snacks cost dearly, though. It sounds like you had a good time.

And congrats to Justin. Will we get to hear the song online somehow?

sjaarnaeh said...

That Is So Cool About Justins Song!!!
Im So Glad That YOu Guys Had Fun At The Game :D