Monday, November 12, 2007

They're Baaaaaack...and it's Veteran's Day!

I hadn't been awake for 10 minutes yesterday when I saw a mouse run across the floor downstairs...What am I going to do? And of course, it has to be Veteran's Day today...which means that the exterminators are taking the day off :) Thank you Melanie, for the thoughts and prayers...it's funny that you said that really. Justin only gets to go to church every other week, and then if he misses a Sunday because he's gone or whatever, it might be a month or 6 weeks that he can't go...So we were having this conversation on the way to church yesterday, specifically that he likes to go to church and not think about the Navy for an hour or so...and when we walked up to the door, the greeters excitedly said "Happy Veteran's Day weekend"...Justin shot me a look like "grrrreat". He doesn't like getting recognized for being in the military, but literally 2/3 of our church is military...Luckily the service didn't revolve around patriotism or anything. That might have sent him over the edge, haha. Today is my first day without Lucas, and it's really quiet. I miss the little booger already...but it's nice to have some time with Alana, too. We are making plans for the holidays. It's great being married, but ever since I gained that extended family we get stretched super thin...I think this year it's going to work out so that we get to spend the time we want to with everyone! In December we will be everywhere from Florida back to Virginia and to Nashville...So yeah, it will be busy...but that's what it's all about! As soon as I get the new shirts (was hoping today, but of course...it's Veteran's Day still), we'll get them printed and put up on the website. I hope that everyone else will be as excited about them as I am. Justin is so devoted to it, he is donating bone marrow just so he can get an extra day off in the future to work on them haha. Ok, so that's partially true. I am going to go try and psych myself out...my mantra for the day is "I'm bigger than a mouse, it can't beat me"...or something like that :)

7 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

aww i hope your mouse troubles are gone soon. I'll pray about it :D heehee. I can't wait until the new shirts come in! I hope my mom does some CHRISTmas shopping there :)
I'm going to Ohio for CHRISTmas and we're going through Nashville!!! That would be so weird/cool if i ran into you. not literally. :D
Happy Vetrans Day! :D

Allison said...

The shirts are HERE! Much to my surprise, UPS delivered today...If all goes as planned (haha) they will be printed on Wednesday and I'll get them on the website asap! So excited! And the mice, well...Maybe I'll just buy little clothes for them and use them as models or something. Also...girl's hoodies! And unisex track jackets. Gotta love it.

Melanie said...

O.K. You really made me laugh now. I just pictured little mice with tees. LOL Seriously, the mice have an entry point somewhere. Sometimes it is through crawlspaces - my daughter has the mouse problem. WE also found a place when my husband put in her new dishwasher, and we plugged it with steel wool. In our place in CA mice were getting in through the dryer vent. Don't know how much that helps. Maybe the exterminator can help you track those places down.

The thing at church with Veteran's day was mostly just a recognition. I did think it was cool that the recognized spouses. It was just during announcements, though, and not much at all to do with the rest of the service. A good part of our church involves military or civilian AFB employees as well since we are pretty close to the base.

Good to hear the shirts have arrived! Can't wait to see them. :)

Jenna Lea said...

haha!
i can't wait. i'm soooo excited.
whoo! i have like 40 billion cousins in ohio so maybe i can get them to fall in love with my shirt and check out the web site and buy 40 billion shirts :D

sjaarnaeh said...

Im So Excited About The New Shirts!
Thats Funny About The Veterans Day Thing At Church. At My Church We Basically Just Embarrass Them By Making Them Stand Up And Be Prayed For :)

Allison said...

Justin found out he works with a guy who lives here, too...He also has a problem with mice. Which in one way makes me glad, in another way makes me sad. Haha. I think they are in our walls...but when the pest control guys (who might I add are afraid of mice) come, I'll have them try and figure it out...

anne said...

Can't wait to see the new shirts and hoddies:D Good Luck with the mice problem and thanks to Justin for serving or country.God bless Anne...