Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat







Happy day after Halloween! It's funny how some things take on a whole new meaning once you have children. I don't think I ever cared so much about costumes and candy until now :) Alana had dance and she dressed up for that, as did some of her fellow ballerinas...and Miss Tracy, too! Last night we went to our military community's Halloween shindig, which was basically in our backyard, on the baseball fields. It was tons of fun! They had hay games, ring the pumpkin, big jumpy ordeals for Alana to go wild on...and of course, lots of candy! We didn't stay for too long, because it was coooooold as soon as the sun went down. Living on the bay is the windiest thing since Chicago. When we got home, Alana pumped herself full of as much candy as she could before bedtime...funny how that works. Who knew she could open hershey's kisses and reeses peanut butter cups all on her own? Justin's ship is pulling out in the morning, and while I am extremely upset that he will not be here for my birthday next week...I have come to terms with the fact that it's just part of life as a Navy wife. And at the same time, I got the best surprise, that my mom is flying in tomorrow to celebrate with me this weekend! I'm super excited about having her here! It's cool, though...when you get to be as old as me, birthdays mean less and less I suppose...And by the way, in lieu of gifts...buy yourself a shirt from www.justasiamclothing.com :)

6 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

Sounds like fun. Alana is soo cute! I lover her costume. I went trick-or-treating and our car broke down. It was fun. :D
Happy early birthday! :D

Jenna Lea said...

I forgot to say I'd be praying for Mr. Portas! :D

Melanie said...

Ahhhh.... that costume and the girl in it are absolutely adorable. I got to take pics for kids in costume at our Alternative night last night and it was a lot of fun. :) Glad you all had a good time.

So cool that your mom is coming to visit. As for birthdays, it's true, but it's still always nice to be remembered even when you are "old" like me. ;)

Prayers said for the three of you today.

--Melanie

anne said...

Hey Allison,good to see you out and about again,did anything work for the headache or did you just have to wait it out?Alana looks adorable as usual!!!Thanks for sharing the pics with us.Sorry that Justin will be away on your birthday but it is exciting that your mom is coming.My two bros are flying here from Ireland for your brothers N.Y.concert and needless to say we are doubly excited.That's twice in six months and all because of Relient K God is Amazing...

Allison said...

My headache went and came back...and it is gone right now, so I don't want to jinx anything! Thanks for all the prayers and love. I'm going to spend some time with my hubby before he has to leave at 5 a.m.!

Jenna Lea said...

i made you a card and i just need to mail it. may take me a bit longer than i thought. heehee :D