Monday, December 3, 2007

Summertime in December

Well, it's official...it's December, and I'm wearing flip flops and short sleeves. Alana and I made it to FL safe and sound. We almost cancelled or at least postponed our trip, because she was so sick. She's on the mend now, finally. What I've realized in the past two days is that I seemed to have forgotten what it was like growing up with no seasons. Yesterday, it was 83 degrees here. Today I'm sure it's no cooler. My dad and I went to see Fireflight play last night and rode there with the windows down. It was a great show. I've seen them play twice before, but this was by far the best yet. It was cool to see old friends doing what they love. I'm not sure what the rest of the week holds for us, but it's always nice to be "home" with family. I live across the street from the beach in VA, but it's too cold to even think about venturing out there...so maybe we'll hit one up here...or not! :)

4 comments:

sjaarnaeh said...

Im Glad Your Having Fun And That Alana's Feeling Better! HaHa, It May Be Wonderful Weather Where You Are But Here In Boston Its Snowing! I Hope I Dont Have School Tomorrow... :)

Jenna Lea said...

That sounds like fun!
Since i'm a Texas girl i thought it was FREEZING this morning and it was only like 35-40 degrees.
I wish it were in the 80s :D
I'm glad Alana is feeling better. :D I was planning on sending you an ecard for her to see and i still might :D
and... fireflight is AMAZING! :D
hope you're having a grand time ;)

Melanie said...

So glad Alana is feeling better. It's so hard when kids are ill.

83 degrees sounds so nice. LOL It's been really pretty cool here at night in sunny CA, but the days have been rather nice.. not nearly as warm as where you are, though. LOL I guess it snowed at home.

I get to see my son later so I'm excited about that!

I've heard that Fireflight is good. Sounds like you are having fun. :)

lexidoodleellis said...

haha

i bet you're cold today though!

i was wearing shorts and flip flops and stuff.. untill last night

i had to start wearing a jacket and pants

which is how i am today


its cold again today

and i know you're a little further south but i bet the weather in eustis and jville isnt that different