Friday, December 14, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...


Christmas! I'm not sure if anyone still reads this blog...if you do, thank you :) If you don't, I'm not surprised! I have been slacking on my posts lately...Obviously, we made it back to VA. We went from 83 degrees to the 40s and 50s. It's been pretty nice here this week, though. One day it was even 76! Enough about the weather, though! When we got home, we got a tree and Alana helped decorate it while we listened to "Let is Snow Baby"...Alana's favorite is singing the "Glooooori--gloooooria" haha. It's cute. And I inevitably get "I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas" stuck in my head for days...This year has been full of a lot of rewarding things...a new home, new friends...and some not so welcomed things (ie, the mice that are still taking comfort in my home. All in all, it has been a fulfilling 2007. I'm ready for the great 2008. So since I've been home from FL, I made some amazing new friends! Justin meets a lot of people on his ship--most of which he refuses to let around Alana and me, because of their inappropriate behavior and all around rudeness :) But every once in a while, he finds someone he thinks is a keeper. He's been telling me about his friend Jeremy that he works with...mainly that he's a huge FSU fan, and hello(!) I went to FSU :) There's always a concern as to whether or not the wives will get along, though...I finally got to meet her, and she has a name (ANGIE)...She's awesome! They have a little boy, Jalen, who is about to be one this weekend...He is so cute! I thank God when He blesses us by putting people in our paths that make our lives a little happier and our days a little brighter! I couldn't ask for much more!

4 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

Sounds like your having a blast of blessings this CHRISTmas! :)
Alana is so cute and i can just hear her singing. You are AMAZING!!! :D :D and it's awesome you made a good new friend. :)

Melanie said...

Welcome back! :) I just figured you were on vacation in Florida. Not everyone is as obsessive as me and posts on blogs when they are away from home. LOL

Beautiful tree. I guess I should actually put mine up. I am rather a slacker in that regard since the kids moved from home. But you motivated me a little.

As for I'm Gettin' Nothin'... it gets stuck in my head as well. But everytime I hear Merle the Squirrel, I giggle.

Sorry to hear about the mice. Ugh!! My daughter has the same problem. :(

Praise God for new (and old) friends. So good that you and Angie get along great. :)

AS for the weather, it's been rather cold here - some snow two days, but not a lot. It's still on the ground though. I think I spoke with someone out there the day it was 76 deg. They said it just wasn't right to be wearing shorts in Dec. LOL

Have a Merry Christmas! I'm sure I'll say that a lot now.

--Melanie

sjaarnaeh said...

Im So Glad That You've Had A Great Year And Made Some New Friends!
Merry Christmas!!!! :D

anne said...

Hi Allison,sorry i haven't commented in a while.BUSY,tis the season.We met up with Jon again in NYC,told him to say hi to you from me.(don't know if he remembered)Anyways I wanted to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas "and here's to many more"
Fantastic CD by the way,"I celebrate the day"is probably one of my favs on there.The lyrics are very powerful.
On that note lets not forget that "Jesus is the reason for the season"
PS. i am now going over to check out your shirts :)