Monday, December 24, 2007

Unwrapping...


With way too many presents under our tree, and more blessings than anyone deserves...I am writing this blog to challenge everyone who reads it to unwrap the gift(s) that God gives us so graciously. Whether it is His biggest gift of salvation, or a spiritual gift we have yet to discover we possess...Alana doesn't hesitate to rip into the gifts that "Santa" has left for her under the tree. So why should we delay the unwrapping of ours from the REAL reason for this day? I have been beyond blessed this year in so many ways...and many of you are responsible for adding to that :) Have a Merry Christmas and a great '08...Start unwrapping! Love to all xo.

5 comments:

sjaarnaeh said...

Thanks For The Reminder! This year I've Really Been Thinking Alot More About The True Reason Of Christmas. HaHa, I Even Forgot About The whole Present Thing Until Last Week When I Realized I Hadnt Bought Any Presents Yet :) Merry CHRISTmas!!! As Jenna Would Say :)

Jenna Lea said...

Oh my goodness, Alana is sooo cute with all her gifts. You sound like such a great mom reminding her and everyone else of the real reason for the season. you're AMAZING! i will definately be thanking God for the Portas family this year. Merry CHRISTmas as Sarah says i would say. hahaha :D

Melanie said...

I will echo thanks for the reminder. Sometimes I think I just have to "unwrap" God's word and get back into a more regular habit of reading again. It is also a gift.

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. I pray that you will likewise be blessed in the coming New Year.

God's blessings,
Melanie

P.S. The photo is adorable. :)

Allison said...

Yes! I got a new Bible for Christmas (with the possibility that another is coming)...and that is one of my few resolutions for 2008--to unwrap the Word!

Anonymous said...

I found unwrapping 2 just as i am shirts as a great joy!