Saturday, January 12, 2008

New entry for the New Year...finally!

First of all, Happy 2008! I have been somewhat absent since before Christmas...both literally and figuratively, I suppose. I have thought about posting a blog about a trillion times, but I haven't gotten around to it. I hope that you have all found the New Year to be full of promises, with or without resolutions :) Our holidays were amazing and probably the most-traveled of my 28 years. They also involved a LOT of relaxing! Now we are back home in VA and it's time to snap out of it! Justin and I are getting a head start on the spring cleaning...We have a three-bedroom townhouse, and TOO much stuff! We want to share our blessings with someone who could indeed benefit from them, rather than they sit in storage somewhere. The biggest blessing of the year (so far) has been that Justin has officially checked out of his job in Supply-2 and will check into a new one on Monday. He will have a job that he goes to work Monday thru Friday and works 8 hour days instead of 12-13 hour ones...He will not have to wake up early to go muster on his "days off"...He will be home every weekend...He will not have to cook! It will almost be like he has a normal job :) This comes at the perfect time, but then again God always has His way of making things happen that way! Alana will love having her daddy come home in the afternoon, instead of at her bedtime! We have both been recovering from the crud...went to the doctor in Nashville. Got meds. Got well. It's funny how that works, haha. She is now consumed and slightly obsessed with Cinderella...and all the Disney princesses for that matter! She is watching Beauty and the Beast as I type...No one's big like Gaston...I was afraid it might be too scary for her, but nooooo. She tells me, "Mommy, Beast fell down in the snow...I think he needs a bandaid!" She's tough, and has that nurturing nature all at the same time! It's time for some breakfast, and then I'm off to learn how to play "Come Right Out and Say It" (Kidding, I'm not that coordinated!) What I meant to say is I'm off to continue my cleaning. It's nice to be back.

3 comments:

anne said...

welcome back we missed you!!
That is great news about Justin and his new job.You are so right about God and his perfect timing.HE is awesome!!! I remember when my daughters loved Cinderella etc, now my oldest is a senior in high school..enjoy these times,they pass all too quickly.That is so cool how Jon posted how to play the song,sarah is quickly learning.Have fun cleaning.i have to take my son to his basket ball game..see ya.

Melanie said...

I agree. You were missed. :) Justin's new job (and new hours) sound great.

You know, one thing about having young children is that it is so much easier to sit down and watch a good Disney video. My just-turned-24-year-old still watches them. She was watching Lady & the Tramp and Aladdin the other night. Then she came over and borrowed Dumbo. LOL I need to do that sometime soon.

I bet Alana makes a great princess. :) I think most little girls have a princess in them somewhere. I think princesses are definitely "in". I went to my nephew's daughter's birthday a few months ago, and the theme was definitely "princess." :) So much fun. Sometimes I miss that part.

I'm glad to hear that you are well now. I'm hoping I can stay that way for a little while at least.

I guess I should try to get back to some cleaning. I started on the fridge. I'm trying to get to one section a day. Not so overwhelming. LOL

As for co-ordination... yea.. not me, either. It was fun watching the video trying to keep up with Jon's fingers, though. :)

God's blessings,
Melanie

Jenna Lea said...

sounds busy, but wonderful. My sisters fav. movie was beauty and the beast and she would always act it out and ride a bunny instead of horse. i love watching it on tape. haha. that's great that mr. portas has a more normal hour working job! :D that didn't really make sense, but i think you know whwat i mean. have fun cleaning! :D