Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Drumroll, please...

Wow, let me take a deep breath before I begin...I went to take my entrance exam yesterday (for Nursing school). I am proud to announce that I did exceedingly well, so thank you for all the prayers! I can't repeat the lady's actual words when she saw my test scores, but that is a good thing :) Now comes the hard part. First and foremost, I have to find a good and safe place for Alana to go to preschool. This is most definitely the part that tugs at my heart strings and makes me not want to do it...but I can't pass up the opportunity. Besides that, she's SO ready for school it's not even funny. If all goes as planned (which I almost laugh at the word "plan" automatically), I could have my nursing degree (RN) by August or so of next year. That's right! Again, it's a timing thing. I have so much to do these next few weeks in order to get things ready, but it looks like I will be able to get the ball rolling next month, as far as starting my classes. This is all so much to take in, really. Yesterday started out somewhat stressful, as I found out that Justin might not make it home in time for me to get to my appointment with the admissions office. I found it in me to relax, and as I pulled up to the college--with one minute to spare, thanks to Justin's literal running--I said, "God, if this is where I need to be let's make it happen!" I have been awake since 4:30 this morning, when Justin got up. I couldn't go back to sleep...but this is a good thing keeping me awake :) Oh, all the planning I have to do...Again, thanks to all the prayers and support of everyone. Keep them coming, this has only just begun!

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

CONGRATS!!!
that is so so so exciting!! :D
I'm sure you'll find a wonderful preschool for alana.
You're gonna do AMAZING! :D

Melanie said...

Congratulations! That's great news. :) I can't tell you how many times I've stressed over timing only to realize that God's is perfect and things usually work out somehow. :) Glad you made it!

I don't know about your state, but sometimes you can get lists of qualified preschools and caregivers in your area and that I will pray that you will find someplace for Alana you can be comfortable with. You can usually find checklists of what to look for somewhere, that may help if you just don't know where to start.

--Melanie