Wednesday, March 26, 2008

American Idol Review...and a Bradford Update

I am no Simon Cowell, but I thought that after last night's show I had some comments to make, critiques to give, and apologies to hand out. First of all, I think Ramiele was crazy for singing that Heart song, after Carly Smithson sang it earlier in the competition. Most of the song choices were just strange, I didn't even know what half the songs were. My favorite song choice of the night was by my LEAST favorite Kristy Lee Cook...and by "favorite" I mean, "my aren't you clever". As soon as she started singing, Justin said "Oh, now she's gonna play THAT card!" and it was true! Even the judges commented on it. She didn't do that bad, I just think there were better singers than her that were voted off...leaving her standing, with her strange fingernails. David Archuleta...what can I say? I am over it. And can someone please give the boy some chapstick?! It drives me batty to watch him lick his lips between every line. Justin never noticed it, but now every time he sings, I act like I'm a frog catching bugs...and well, it makes him laugh. Carly Smithson, who I love, didn't do the greatest but we still know she is a better singer than most. Brooke White...I like her, I liked the song alright. The others, whoever they are were, I don't have much to say about...Except for David Cook--who I humbly owe an apology to. I don't know why but I couldn't stand to look at him before. I thought his hair was really weird. Like he was bald and grew his hair really long and combed it forward as bangs. (I understand this more now that I saw his huge forehead on the clips from his childhood, haha). His hair looked better, as if he got it cut or something. And hello, he's the only stinking contestant that comes out every week and does his thing, in his own unique way. They used to say he knows he's good...Well, we know he's good too now. I loved his rendition of Billie Jean. And I'm proud to say that possibly for the first time, I called in and voted :) One vote for Carly, one vote for David Cook. So now I have the official right to complain if either of them is in the bottom three tonight...We shall see!


On a more serious note...One of much more value anyway...My friend, Felicia, is doing well. They have put her on complete bed rest, and she is not going home until she has the baby. The umbilical cord is not wrapped tightly around little Macie's neck, so as long as her vitals remain good they are gonna keep her in there...The doctors told them they want her to "bake as long as she can". Felicia will be at 32 weeks on Sunday. They would like to put off the delivery until at least 34 weeks if at all possible. This will give her time to develop as much as possible. Please continue to pray for the Bradfords, because we know nothing is impossible for God! Chris has to go back to work tomorrow (that's the Navy for ya), but Felicia's parents are here for now. I'm planning on going up there later today...I'm gonna take her some magazines, books...something to keep her entertained for the next while. Thanks again for the prayers!

3 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

I heard mr. castro was the worst one last night from the people that really really love him. He must have been pretty bad. I got to see David Cook and that was it. I thought he was AMAZING!!!!

I'm glad little Gracie will be able to stay in her mommy's tummy as long as possible :) it gives me more time for cards and hats :D I'm gonna keep praying! :D

Jenna Lea said...

WOAH! I called the kid Gracie!
The M and the G aren't even near each other!
I've lost it.

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear that for the time being Felicia and Macie are doing well. Hospitals are really boring, though. She will need lots to keep her busy. Does she like crossword puzzles? I do, so that's one thing I would have. Maybe an easy and not TOO messy craft of some sort? 32 weeks is rather a milestone. The best odds are to babies born after 32 weeks, so good that she is very close to that at least.

I'm still in the same place I was regarding American Idol. I want to watch it, though. Maybe I'll watch an episode or two before I sleep.