Thursday, April 3, 2008

Goodbye, Overly-emotional sobby girl.

I really can't believe it, but my choice for the bottom two were actually the bottom two this week. Now if good ol' Kristy could make her departure next week...I was kind of bummed that "Brookie", as I lovingly refer to her, was in the bottom three. There is just a pureness about her that makes me want to see her succeed. Then again, for that very same reason, she will probably be given the boot! I was actually surprised that Fox even allowed Dolly to sing her "Jesus and Gravity" song...Moving on from "reality" tv to my actual reality...things in the Portas household have been going quite well. I'm still recovering from some messed up Eustachian tubes, whatever those may be. Last week I had to go to the doctor, because I was feeling extremely dizzy (to the point I couldn't stand up--difficult, when you have a 3 year old), headaches, nausea...I thought this was a side effect to a new medication I was taking, so I called the doctor. He of course told me to stop taking it immediately and come see him. Come to find out, it wasn't the medication at all but an issue with my Eustachian tubes...I guess they are the tubes from your ears to your throat or something along those lines (I am going to rock as a nurse, haha)...anyways, the fluid was causing my equilibrium to be off and causing me to have headaches, pain behind my ear...the drainage caused the nausea. Isn't it amazing how our bodies work? I like mine so much better when it's working properly. All that being said, I am on the mend and extremely thankful for that. Our family has seen a pretty amazing shift over the past month. I won't dive too deep into the details, but God has definitely had His hand in bringing peace to our hearts and putting a bit of pep in our step. Old friends are becoming new, and we are able to see things in a more radiant light. This is vague, I know...but for those of you who know me best, you get it. And really it doesn't matter if you get it or not...What matters is that you understand how much God really does reward us for our patience, loyalty and simply trusting in Him. I can't believe how life has changed in the past 3 years or so! That being said, tomorrow is whites inspection, and there are uniforms to be ironed, pins to be placed and haircuts to be gotten.

In good old-fashioned Jon style...
Peace, Love and Military creases.

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

i don't know why but i really like this post thing.
i do have to say something about Brookie ;)i love her so much! but she really needs to stop talking to the judges so much. besides that she's one of my favorites. :)
HOORAY for God being good. Which is all the time, but i mean esp. good! :) I'm glad you're feeling better now too :)

Melanie said...

LOL I love your sign off this time. It is kinda is catchy, isn't it?

I've had issues with fluid in my ears, so I know what that's like. Sometimes I get off an escalator and it still feels like I'm moving. It's not fun when it gets to the point of nausea. I've found it affects my ability to enjoy rides now, which makes me mad. LOL

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. You will be a great nurse. You will be able to explain all that gobbledy gook in easy to understand terms. ;)

It's amazing what God can do even with the messes I create. I just have to look to Him in awe.

God's blessings, Melanie