Monday, April 14, 2008

It takes more than just believing...





It's easy to say that we have faith and trust in God.  It's simple to speak the truths we know so well...but it's not always easy to live by them.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of people who "believe" in God...even Satan.   I know in my head that I should not worry about tomorrow because today has enough troubles of its own, but sometimes it's hard to not let my fleshly mind keep me up at night.  I tell myself that God is going to take care of me and my family, but do I really let go and let God?  I know I'm not the first person to struggle with this and certainly won't be the last.  However, the work of God in my life continues to amaze me more and more each day.
This week has been a busy one!  Justin's mom and brother flew up for a visit.  They were here for Christmas, but this time seemed to be a lot more chill...and we did a lot of exciting things!  I mean, who doesn't like to spend over 2 hours at Chuck E. Cheese, go to baseball games, eat lunch at a restaurant on the beach...I can honestly say I will need this week to recover, though!
  
I now know my official schedule for school.  I start one week from tonight!  I can't believe it is finally here.  I am nervous, but mostly excited!  It's going to be a big transition for all of us in the Portas family, and I'm quite sure it's going to put my trust in God to the test :)  Bring it on!

8 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

get out my faaaace punk ;)
i love those pictures.
It's funny b/c last night i couldn't sleep thinking about school and grades and stuff. Your blogs always seem to be at a perfect time. God's amazing! :)
I'll be praying for your school! I'm glad you have a fun week and hope you recover nicely :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenna Lea said...

looks as if the blog administator likes to delete comments. :)

Melanie said...

I know what you mean about having a fun week and needing to recover from it. :) So glad you had that time, though.

I know Matthew 6:34 well as it's one of my favorite verses in Scripture, probably because I need to hear it so much. And I know it's prefaced by vs. 33 for a reason. LOL

Anyway, I'm excited for your start to school, although I have a feeling you are going to be a busy lady.

The pics are precious. I love them. :)

-Melanie

Denise Schneck said...

One day at a time...that's all it takes. Believe in yourself. I am very proud of you! It's easier to quit than to move ahead--you are taking the long and rocky road, but it will lead you to where you want to be! I love you! Mom

Allison said...

I deleted the comments because they were like spam comments or something :)

Jenna Lea said...

:)
i hate spam