Thursday, April 17, 2008

Now it's time...To say goodbye...

I know I already posted one entry today, but I feel like this one is worth writing.  I have come to a very real revelation today...one that has been a long time coming, I believe.  So much of my life (and my blogs) has been centered around what's coming on tv that night...or what shows I have to watch on my DVR.  TOO much of my life, in fact.  I joke about it, but at the same time it's a serious thing.  I'm not going to go into super great detail here, because quite frankly the details aren't that important.  For the last 4 years or so, I have spent a lot of time at home...I have said that I can't go without cable because it would drive me insane, when the truth is it's probably detrimental to my well-being to watch it.  Now I'm not saying that all tv is bad...I'm not suggesting that anyone else do what I'm about to do.  I'm sorry to say that you will no longer come here for an American Idol recap...or any other show that comes on tv.  Why?  I have decided to get rid of tv in everyday life and refocus that energy into something more fulfilling.  While it might seem that part of my life is ending...I feel very much that it's the beginning to so much more.  And I plan on using my blog to write about those things instead!  Oh, and not only am I giving up tv but also celebrity gossip of every kind (internet, magazines, etc)  I'm pretty excited to think about the fact that none of that matters...and about finding out what does!  I want something new to define me...

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

that sounds great!
maybe i should try that.
limit computer time to school stuff.
naw... i'm so horrible.

Melanie said...

Well, the problem with gossip is at least 50% of it is faulty and you never know which half. I'd hate to give up dishnet, but it's so costly it's tempting. I just remember my husband getting so frustrated in the hospital when there was nothing on, so for now it's still here. I do like the DVR, I have to admit. Mainly I'm addicted to concerts. LOL

Anyway, it probably won't be so difficult an adjustment once you start school as you will have less time anyway.

If you don't have time to blog at all, I'll miss it, though. Yea, I have no life. LOL