Thursday, April 17, 2008

God Bless America


I can't believe it.  I think someone needs to pinch me...I was really tired last night, so I watched American Idol in my bed.  I typically don't watch it live because it takes WAY too long, but I wanted to lie in the comfort of my pillows.  I kid you not, when the results were read...I thought I had fallen asleep and was dreaming...or that maybe it was a side effect of my sleeping meds haha.  I thought Brookie was a goner.  To be honest, I was ready for it to happen, too.  When Ryan grouped the Cooks together, I was sure that meant Kristy Lee was safe.  Thank goodness for tv sneakiness!  I can now watch American Idol next season...If I want to.  I wanted to throw up when the viewer called in and ask if KLC could get her horse back.  I think that the sob story about how she sold it to audition kept her in the competition for as long as she was.  

Not too much else to write about...Justin has duty today, so it will be a long 36 hours or so cooped up in the house.  Luckily the weather is nice here...I'm sure Alana and I will be venturing out, at least to the backyard.  We really need a second car.  And when I say "really" I mean REALLY.  This need is only going to get bigger when I start school next week.  I either need to win the lottery (which I do not play) so I can buy a new one, or find someone selling a reliable car for a reasonable price.  I'm thinking the latter is more likely...but more difficult than I imagined it would be.

Alana just informed me that someone needed to mow our grass...She's a smart girl.  That might be the answer I need to fresh air :)  She woke up before daylight today to put on some of the lipgloss that Justin bought her last night.  She picked out a very cute little princess purse complete with 3 different kinds of lipgloss and a bottle of nail polish.  Then she insisted on carrying her purse everywhere we went thereafter.  Did I mention that the "lipstick", which she applied herself in the car, was blue?!  Justin and I just looked at each other and smiled, and he told her she did a great job.  Are we bad parents because we let her go into a restaurant like that?  :)  The world may never know...

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

SHE'S GONE!!!
I'm sooo excited! that sounds so mean. oh well.
If i could i'd mow for you. maybe it would build up my muscles. ;)
i need to mow more. Or i could play with alana and we could put blue lipstick on :)
I always did that when i was little so i think it's good parenting :)heehee

Melanie said...

It's funny. American Idol came up today and I thought of you and your love for KLC. LOL the person I was chatting with said, "Oh, didn't you hear, she's off now." I thought Allison will be thrilled. LOL

You know, the thing with Alana and her blue lipstick is too cute. Sometimes you just wish there was a hidden video that could have captured all this as you went into the restaurant. She probably thought she looked gorgeous, and there's nothing at all wrong with that. Anyone who cares should just get over it, though most probably thought it was adorable. :) I think you sound like a great mom to me.

Hope you were able to get out. Yea for nice weather. It was gorgeous here yesterday, and dropped about 30 degrees today (sounds like a song by The Myriad.) LOL