Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Paula, Please!

Thank goodness for my DVR and the capability to fast forward!  Let's see...so last night there were very few that wowed me.   Maybe I was just distracted by the fact that Paula looked as though she had to be greased into her dress.  It was quite inappropriate for family television, and if you noticed, when they went for her critique they closed in on her face :)  The music.  Michael Johns, he did well as usual...not sure I get the whole scarf thing, but I guess it works for him.  Syesha, please stop singing songs by people like Whitney and Fantasia!  Hello!  If you sing a song by an American Idol winner, you are most likely NOT going to sing it better than the original.  Don't even bother.  I called the judges responses the moment she said she was singing "I Believe".  Jason Castro, still pretty (though I wasn't digging the hair last night)...I actually liked his version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow".  Another bold move, considering Simon's love for Katherine McPhee's.  I think he needs to buy his pants a bit bigger, too, haha.  David Cook, blah.  Not moved.  Indifferent.  Uh....who else?  Oh, of course, Kristy "I shouldn't still be here" Lee.  She seriously needs to go home.  America, help me out on this.  Alright, so she sang a Martina McBride song well.  She is no Carrie Underwood.  We don't need an American  Wannabe.  We need an Idol.  Carly Smithson, I love you.  I didn't know the song you sang though.  I still voted for you.  David Archuleta, um...I actually dug your song, but I (ashamedly) have the Jessica Simpson cd that has the same song on it...and yeah, I couldn't get that out of my mind :)  Last but not least, Brooke (or as I call her "Brookie" or "Brookie-Poo") White.  She is one of my favorites, too...but what's the deal with that face she makes every time a judge begins their critique?  Ok, I voted for her once also...on Justin's behalf.  I do love the song she sang.  That gave her points.  So who is in the bottom three this week?  If I had my choice, it would be Kristy Lee Cook, Syesha Mercado and....I don't know.  It's getting to the point where I don't want any of the others to leave just yet.  I am honestly clueless as to how the vote will go!  So we'll see!

I won't be watching American Idol tonight (Live, anyway), because I will be watching the Norfolk Tides play baseball...weather permitting!  Justin's mom and brother are in town, and neither have been to a baseball game before.  Last year we had the absolute most fun we'd experienced (in Norfolk) there.  And hey, for $4 a ticket--Thank you, Navy--We'll be going to a lot of games this season!  I think Justin said something about Chuck E. Cheese too.  I don't know if I can handle so much excitement in one day :)

We went for our tour of Alana's school-to-be yesterday...and LOVED it!  Keep saying prayers that everything works out.  I also finally learned my first day of classes will be April 21st...so it's just around the corner.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  My brain has been in mommy mode for way too long, and it might be hard to switch it back into student mode.  I know it'll work out.  

I shall close this with a big "Happy Birthday" wish to my dearest friend, Deborah (in Nashville)...Seriously, we live too far apart and talk way too little on the phone.  And also, I have the same wish for Denise, aka my mom's best friend.  Happy Birthday to you, too!

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

Happy Birthday Deborah and Denise! :D
I agree about Paula's dress. My sister said it look like she was stuck in a cup. haha.
Have fun this week and i'll be prayin' for your school and alanas. :D

Melanie said...

Thanks for all of the AI updates. Someday I'll watch all the ones on the DVR. It's hard not to root for David since he's from here. LOL Now you have me curious about Paula's dress, but at the same time thinking I probably don't want to see it. LOL

Glad the tour with Alana's future school went well. I'm sure it will all work out. The 21st really is close. I think you'll do just fine, though.

--Melanie