Saturday, June 7, 2008

How to Spend a Day at the Beach...

1. Bring your new pink frisbee to throw around with friends.
2. Start looking for prime real estate for the awesome sandcastles you will build.

3. Sack out in the Cabana.


4. Throw your hands in the air like you just don't care.


5. Hang on Miss Joanna until she turns blue.


6. Lunch on a Lunchable.

7. Become a Mermaid.
8. Use sunscreen from the moment you get there!!! (not pictured)


Yesterday was one of my most enjoyable days living in Virginia.  I feel so blessed to have made friends with some truly good people...and for Alana to have friends that are their offspring :)  We went to the park earlier this week for our church's "playgroup", and someone brought up the idea of going to the beach on Friday.  When I woke up it was overcast and seemed like it was going to rain at any moment, but Melissa assured me it wasn't going to and that she would still be there.  So I loaded up the Beetle and we headed that way.  I must say that Alana and I haven't gotten to be involved in most of the playgroup days, because we didn't have a way to get there...so yay for second cars!  It turned out to be one of the most beautiful days...The kids had a blast and so did the mommies!  Believe it or not, I DID use SPF 50...I just didn't put it on until too late (obviously!)  I am feeling the pain now.  Please kids, do not try this at home.  Luckily, Alana didn't even get pink.  So after the beach, all the ladies headed home, got cleaned up, and headed back out for a night together--free of husbands and children (We love you, though...We really do).  We went to the Starving Artist Studio where we painted pottery and then to a yummy Thai restaurant, where I opted for sushi.  Mmmmm...We sat outside and ate.  It really was such a relaxing time and a wonderful way to close such an amazing day.  I am so thankful for my church family who understand the importance of friendship!  

I have to close with special props to little Ashleigh who, even though it was her first time ever being at the beach, showed NO fear...crawling through the sand like a trooper and right into the water.  Waves?  What waves?  They didn't slow her down either!  I can't wait to see what she ends up being when she grows up :)

Luke and Mason were there, too, but I don't have any pictures of them!  Boo!

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

Looks like so much fun!
When i go to the beach i'll make sure i look at this wonderful list :) I hope you have more wonderful days just like this! You're amazing. :D

Melanie said...

I love the photos and the presentation. Looks like everyone had lots of fun. I can relate to the last shot all too well. Ouch. Time for Aloe Vera.

I haven't been to any beaches of any kind for a long while. Hopefully I can remedy that sometime.