Monday, July 21, 2008

Be Smart, Do your Part.

I'm not here to preach.  I'm not here to get all deep.  But I am here...so I feel like I need to say something!  Do not let the media, particularly Hollywood, sway your votes this election.  They do not make up the REAL world.  I feel really strongly about this election, more than ever before...I do not care if our President is white/black, male/female...What I do care is that our decisions are based on substance, not on empty promises...I don't want a President that is going to charm me.  I want a President that is going to make our country what it needs to be.

Here's some interesting data just received on taxes:
Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 election...

CAPITAL GAINS TAX
MCCAIN
0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples)...does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.
OBAMA
28% on profit from ALL home sales
(If you sell your home and make a profit you will pay 28% of your gain in taxes)

DIVIDEND TAX
MCCAIN
15% (no change)
OBAMA
39.6%

INCOME TAX
MCCAIN (no changes)
Single making 30K - tax $4500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $9000
Married making 75K - tax $18750
Married making 125K - tax $31250

OBAMA
Single making 30K - tax $8400
Single making 50K - tax $14000
Single making 75K - tax 23250
Married making 60K - tax 16800
Married making 75K - tax 21000
Married making 125K - tax 38750

Under Obama, your taxes will more than double.

INHERITANCE TAX
MCCAIN 0%
OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA:
 
* New government taxes proposed on homes more than 2400 square feet.
* New gasoline taxes (because they aren't high enough already)
*New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating, gas, water, electricity)
*New taxes on retirement accounts
and last but not least...
*New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as that of third-world countries.


All I can say is spread the word...
Be smart, and do your part!  
If you are not registered to vote, you can click on the link on the top of my blog to make it happen.  

1 comment:

Jenna Lea said...

yeah people! VOTE!
my sister misses being able to vote by 1 month. she hates it.