Friday, August 15, 2008

Cupcakes Make Everything Better...

Possible Alternate Titles for this blog are:
"This is Why I'm Fat"
"I'm Celebrating (insert one of the million August birthdays here)"
"I Hate my Gall Bladder"



The list could go on and on...Yesterday, Alana and I spent some time with my friend Maggie and her kids at the MacArthur Center playground.  They have a bunch of giant food items for the kids to climb on and fall just short of trips to the ER.  It's always great fun.  Alana makes a friend, and then she runs to tell me every other minute that she's still playing with her.  Maggie's husband has been in Korea for a year now.  He used to be on Justin's ship, but when his time was up in the Navy he reenlisted into the Army.  Go figure.  Then they shipped him off to Korea.  He was coming home last night, so Maggie and her kids kept talking about the fact they were making cupcakes for him.  This just made me salivate (literally) over the thought of cupcakes.  I told her we would get stuff to make cupcakes on our way home.  That we did.  I'm not a HUGE cake fan, but I haven't eaten much of anything that tasted good in the past month...so in my mind it was a big deal.  We made the cupcakes...I burned layers of skin off my arm trying to get them out of the oven.  I ate one...and enjoyed every last bite of it.  It was like heaven on my lips.  Now if cupcakes can just learn to solve the bigger problems of the world.

Peace, Love and cupcake-powered cars. xo

2 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

yummy! :)

goodness stinkin' gall bladder! just be normal so mrs. portas can enjoy herself!

Melanie said...

Hahaha.. it would give new meaning to "Let them eat cake". I have a cupcake blog from a long while back. Every now and again they just really sound yummy. :)

--Melanie