Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dare You to Move



Yes, I posted ANOTHER music video :) I'm trying to sort through things in my life these days...and I find much of my therapy through music and blogging. So put the two together and here you are. Don't get me wrong, I have a blessed life. I am not basking in pity and wallowing in my sorrow. Instead I'm looking for ways to move forward in my life and not let it become stagnant. I have found that the greatest amount of growth comes from discomfort. When you lift weights, your muscles become sore...they literally tear as they become stronger. I think that the same goes for people. Sometimes we stay in the same routine of life, simply because it's what we know...and it seems like too much work to change it. My mom told me about a service at her church recently, where they played this song by Switchfoot. I thought, you know...I've heard that song a gazillion times, and I know every word to it by heart...but I really never paid attention to the depth of the lyrics. The most relatable lines of the song for me being "The tension is here between who you are and who you could be. Between how it is and how it should be." I've been accused once or twice of "taking the easy way out". I don't want to be the one to choose the simple way. I want to be the one who takes the double dare or even better, the physical challenge :)

Alana and I spent time today hanging out with Angie and Jalen. We went to the mall, back to the land of giant food. It's nice to have someone to pass the time with. Angie's husband, Jeremy, works with Justin...so we are in the same boat. Or at least are husbands are :) It made me laugh today--When we were pulling into my "court", there was this guy who was kinda chillin' in the middle of the road, and I said "Ok, Kanye...make up your mind"...(He had these ridiculous sunglasses on) and Angie said "Yeah, his sunglasses are something straight out of 1982". Think huge black plastic frames with fluorescent green ear stems...It was a good laugh as we compared all the 80s garb we had in common.

It's been a long past few days...I'm hoping the next few go by a lot quicker. My mom and dad will both be here on Thursday for my surgery on Friday! I'm excited to see them both, and equally excited about feeling better...of course there is the little bit of anxiety over having surgery, but I guess that is to be expected. I have enjoyed watching Michael Phelps the past week. Last night's 1/100th of a second win made me nervous. I literally hold my breath the entire time he swims. Lucky for me, he's fast! I've even had dreams that Michael was Alana's babysitter! Ok, I need to go find professional help now :)

Peace, Love and Reebok hightops (black OR white, Angie?) xo

4 comments:

Denise Schneck said...

I have the words to the song in front of me...I printed them out this week as I faced my own tough decisions...when there's movement, there's friction...Sometimes it is very painful, but thankfully, it won't last forever! We heal and we keep moving! I love you!

Melanie said...

If you are going to post a music video, I have to say that is a great choice. I sometimes know the feeilng and even the isolation of being a little "in a rut" and trying to figure out where to go next. As for good laughs, I finally got my copy of The Bird and Bee Sides that I preordered (it was a ocmedy of errors, I think) and was trying not to laugh hysterically at work while listening to Bee Your Man. LOL Yea, for good laughs. It kept me awake at work. It's not nearly as meaningful as DYTM.

I'm so glad you will have help when you have your surgery and that you have good friends nearby.

--Melanie

Unknown said...

HAHAHA oh gosh girl...that made me cry I was laughing so hard about the black or white!! Geez those were the good OL days! No worries back then...now we are all grown up and have to deal with what life throws at us! (grr) Well I will see you in the morning for church. I hope yall have a great night! TTYS girl!

Jenna Lea said...

awww :)
hahaha... i'm not the only one who has stange dreams about amazing people! :)
i'll be praying for you friday! and might send a special picture. :)