Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gymini Crickets

Tonight was Alana's last gymnastics class...well, at least for now.  It was her "show-and-tell" night for her "Gymini Crickets" class, and all the parents got to go sit in the gym and watch the kids perform.  Alana did just that, let me tell you.  From her "ta-dahs" to her posing in each part of the gym, she had the other parents cracking up.  She is the smallest in her class, which is made up of 4-7 year olds.  She did amazingly well, and most importantly, she LOVES it.  I felt like I was Debbie Phelps 2.0 tonight :)  My camera was not cooperating with me...when I used the auto-flash, it flashed and the pictures turned out dark.  When I turned the flash off, they turned out brighter...but by the time I figured that out it was too late :(  I hope you enjoy some of the ones I managed to get...as blurry and dark as they may be...


The Uneven Bars

My little monkey
A perfect dismount!
Posing for Mommy

Nice form!
Rings!
Balance beam
Her favorite part...Flying away on the Trampoline!
I didn't manage to get any pictures at all of her on the floor or the vault.  You will have to use your imagination or wait for her next class for those!  I am so proud of my little monkey.  If anyone knows of a good gym for kids in Nashville, let me know!  

Peace, Love and bringin' home the medals...

5 comments:

Denise Schneck said...

She looks like she is having so much fun! Cute suit, too!

Jenna Lea said...

awww... the next Nastia or Shawn :)
That's adorable!!
The pictures are great too :)

Unknown said...

OHH GOSH SHE IS SO CUTE! you can tell she really enjoys it! I hope she keeps up with it and I can say in about 12 years when she is in the olympics...oh yeah I used to babysit her sometimes!!!!!!!!! haha Tell her to remember me when she gets those golds!! haha Talk to you guys tomorrow...(the guys are coming home....yeahh...or neyyyyy haha)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the fun. She looks adorable and appears to be on the way as a gymnastics star!She really looks like she is enjoying herself.
Wish her Daddy could have seen her, it's too bad he had to be away.
xo's for all.
Love, Grm D.

Melanie said...

Sweet. :) I did gymnastics as a kid and it has fond memories. I really liked balance beam. Of course, I was never terribly good at it, but I loved it just the same. We just had floor, beam, tumbling, vault and trampoline. Things have changed so much! My daughter did tumbling and beam only, pyramids, etc., and did exhibitions. She just nailed her aerial walkovers correctly before she grew up and we moved. :(

Anyway, Alana looks like she's enjoying it, which is the most important thing!