Friday, August 8, 2008

I Blog, therefore I am.

Nothing earth-shattering to blog about...I just haven't blogged in a couple of days, and I am having withdrawals.  It's become like therapy for me.  Therapy, I need.  :)  So yesterday I successfully finished my 3rd class at Medical Careers Institute with an A.  I'm proud to say I got A's in all 3.   I was relieved at about 8:30 yesterday morning when I strolled out of there.  I have been telling my gall bladder that it had to make it until I took my final.  I admit, I somewhat expected it to leap out of my body the second I walked out those doors.  My pain has subsided finally...thanks to a little thing I like to call "drugs".  I am not an advocate of taking pain medicine, unless it is absolutely necessary.  While I took only 2 aspirin the first week of my ordeal, the 2nd week has proven itself to be more intense...almost unbearable.  Unbearable when you have a 4 year old to keep up with.  My doctor was thoughtful enough to prescribe me with something to keep me from removing my own gall bladder before I can get in to see the surgeon.  I took it for the first time on Wednesday night.  I figured it was safe, because Justin was home.  I don't remember much about that night, except telling Justin that my fingers felt weird and him asking if they felt like toes.  This is my life.  Ah, Justin.  I remember that man.  He was so handsome and sweet.  What it would be like to see him again.  Oh, sorry...blogging.  Justin came home Wednesday, and I saw him all of 2 hours (1 1/2 of which I was highly medicated) and then he was back to the ship for duty.  I'm hoping to see him sometime today...and maybe for the (gasp) entire weekend!  Alana also had her school physical on Wednesday...5 shots, a stick in the arm and a cup full of pee later we made it home.  The girl in the lab handed me a cup and said "I will need a urine sample from her"...I looked at her like she must be on drugs herself.  Let's just say that they drew blood from Alana without a flinch or a tear...the "just pee pee in the cup" part was traumatizing...and I'm not sure who it was worse for :)   I've accomplished all that I set out to accomplish this week.  Translates: I survived.  And I'm looking forward to a weekend of accomplishing very little.   I am set to see the surgeon on Tuesday afternoon.  He will then schedule my surgery accordingly.  I will update as much as possible, because I know you are all just dying to know when my gall stones will be made into jewelry and placed for auction on Ebay.  

Peace, love and not operating heavy machinery. xo

3 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

hahaha. love that last part :)

way to survive!! :D

Denise Schneck said...

Won't it be nice when you can actually "live" and not just "survive"? It will happen. Patience, my daughter, patience...

Melanie said...

I am so sorry about the pain. I feel the same way about pain meds, and a lot of them tend to make me nauseous, which is extra incentive to avoid them. I hope they can get you in soon!

Congrats on the finals grades. That is pretty amazing. :)

As for 4 year olds and physicals, I remember the days. I remember a certain boy aka my son (who may kill me for mentioning this if he read it) who was sure he would take down Kaiser's staff if they dared to take his blood. Kaiser was less than thrilled, but we all survived it.

I was thinking of you. I wore my JAIA tee to Warped on Friday. I saw Jon, but it seems our conversation was far too short. I meant to talk to him again. I think he was whistling while Thiessen was mobbed and walked off just before I was able to restart a conversation. It's my fault... I was trying to get a pic of him whistling and Scott walked right in front of me. LOL

Anyway, I hope you have been able to see Justin again this weekend, and in a little less medicated state.

Looking forward to seeing the new jewelry, but hope you won't consider me less than a friend if I don't bid. LOL Of course, it could be the next new trend, one never knows.

Hang in there.

--Melanie