Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"National Night Out"

While weedeating my backyard today, thanks to a notice on my door that it was unkempt (ha!), I looked up and saw a tent and the makings of a fun time.  One of the few perks of living in military housing is the festivities they put on every once in a while for the community.  Tonight was one of them.  It was "National Night Out"...the Norfolk police department came out to try and promote safe community practices, etc...This was a much-needed escape from a trying day.  I wanted to share the fun times with ya'll.  Enjoy!

Alana in the "bouncy thingy"
There she goes!
And now on her stomach!
Cotton candy!
A caterpillar bouncy.
This is where things got weird...I mean, who was the brain behind this?
Getting an airbrush tattoo.
Stars!
Making sand art.
The finished product!  Ta-Da!
Officer Allison
Firedog lollipop.

Mmm mmm good.

Peace, Love and Caterpillar butts.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I guess the caterpillar was supposed to be "educational?" LOL That is interesting. LOL I think it would be fun to listen to the children's conversations about that one.

Looks like a great event, though. And it does seem that Alana was having a good time. I love the pics. :)

BTW, the weeds are winning at my place this year -- totally.

Jenna Lea said...

bahahaha!!!!
that was wonderful!!! :D