Saturday, September 13, 2008

Inside Ike!

No, not the storm. Fortunately for us, I am talking about the ship! Justin has been aboard the Eisenhower for over 2 years now...and today Alana and I finally got to go see where he works, eats, sleeps...spends most of his life these days! We had such a great time, and it's nice for Alana to understand a little better where Daddy is when he's "at work" or "on his ship". It was really cool for me to see, too...I thought I'd share with y'all!

At Daddy's desk in his office

Ok, I caught him in action...this is what he REALLY does. Bejeweled anyone?

In Daddy's rack.

Yes, Justin is 6' tall and sleeps here.

Justin insisted we had to wear these hats to go into the galley...
Luckily I had the camera and there are no pictures of me in it :)

Miley Portas.
Whatchu lookin at?

On the flight deck...WAY up high!

In Daddy's favorite chill spot.
I have a new respect for my husband, and all sailors for that matter...I can literally touch the ceilings and I am 5'2" with my shoes on :) Again, such a good time...and I'm so glad that this was the monster I was inside of today and not the one in Texas.

And last but not least...Natalia, I love you! Happy Birthday xoxoxoxoxoxo

Peace, Love and Hair nets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are all great...but i would have paid money to see you in that hat!!! haha I am glad you got to see the ship..isnt it so cool!! (sure its not really that cool to the guys) Love to see all those BIG smiles! :)

Jenna Lea said...

awwww... that's so awesome. I love those pictures! Alana is so cute!! :) too bad someone couldn't of snapped a picture of you in your hat ;)

Melanie said...

I love the pics! And it's so cool that Alana was able to see the ship. I don't think I've been on a military ship like that, but I was on the Mercy ships once, and I was thinking how tight a quarters it was in most places. I guess you have to hope you all like each others some. LOL

And tell Justin that "Sweet Tooth" is much better than Bejeweled. Hmm.. I wonder if you can play that anywhere besides Pogo. LOL