Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Drama that Finds Me!


We're home! We made it back to Norfolk at around 9:15 last night...by the grace of God and the fact that I wore tennis shoes. Let me explain.

We had all the time in the world...in fact, after eating a late lunch and letting Alana play on the Chick Fil-A playground for what seemed like hours, we still had time to go by good ol' Eustis Elementary and see Grandma Nancy. Alana was excited to see what a real Kindergarten class looks like!

Grandma Nancy, Alana, and Papa building with Lincoln Logs.
Grandma Nancy and Alana

We left and went back to the house so I could finish packing my suitcases...and of course, get that final Wii fix for a while. Then off to the airport!

Alana makes the most of her travel time!
We got checked in quickly and headed off to the Lids store to look for a USF Bulls hat for Justin. He has been wanting one, and we figured there was a better chance of finding one in FL than in VA. We not only found one for Justin, but Alana also found a hat she loved...and Papa bought it for her! It's a Tampa Bay Rays hat, but not just any hat. Hers has scratch and sniff strawberries on it.

Showing off her new lid.
So from Lids, we end up by the Disney store...Alana wanted to pose with every possible thing in the airport yesterday. It must've been from all the scratching and sniffing. Anyways, we rushed over for her photo op before it was time to leave Papa and go through security.
Somewhere between Snow White and Mickey Mouse (pictured at the top), I realized that I had lost our boarding passes. This isn't really that big of a deal, except that I had about 15 minutes as it was before we were to start boarding. I came close to going into a state of panic, when I decided to go get back in line and reprint them...because there were about 50 people with suitcases in front of me. I got them and then, wait, we had to pose for one more picture...
Had I had the time, I would've videoed myself literally running with the stroller through the terminal...however, blogging was the last thing on my mind then...and let's be real, I wouldn't have posted it on here anyway. I checked the stroller and watched as the last of the B group boarded the plane. So much for checking in online and making that oh-so-coveted A group! We got on the plane and found our seats...I found this sitting next to me :) She smelled surprisingly sweet, also.

Oh, fun times. I failed to mention the part that we ended up sitting on the plane for an extra 30 minutes, because there was a mix-up in departure time. I could've saved my energy after all. I needed the energy for when I got home.

Since I've been home, I have been the plumber, the landscaper, and *sigh* the mechanic...on top of all of my regular mommy duties...

Angie, who wins the award for most amazingest friend, picked me up this morning to go find the Beetle. No, we didn't lose it, but Justin drove it to the ship before we left and it's not supposed to be there for more than 14 days, I guess...We didn't want to deal with it getting towed. We found it without much problem, but then I also found that it had 2 flat tires and an empty gas tank. A trip to the NEX for some fix-a-flat and a coasting into the gas station on fumes later, it's over...and trust me, it could've been MUCH worse! Now I'm waiting for the maintenance people to come fix my toilet so I can turn the water back on without having a swimming pool upstairs...

Drama. It finds me. But I am proud of myself for the way I've been dealing with it :) And I miss my family, but it's good to be home!

Peace, Love and Janes of all Trades.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

coasting into the gas station is true for sure!! I was so nervous we would have to get out and push the car to the pump!!!!!!!!! haha We had fun dealing with all the drama! Looking back its always so funny afterwards! TTYS!

Jenna Lea said...

wow! sounds like an advemture!!

Melanie said...

Got a kick out of Angie's comment.. it is always MUCH funnier afterwards. LOL Last time I drove to Pocatello, on the ride home I missed the gas station entrance and it was a long ways to the next one in the middle of nowhere. It can be pretty stressful.

Glad everything worked out. The boarding pass thing sounds so much like something that I would do.

Alana has good taste in hats. Scratch and sniff is different. LOL
Such an adorable seat mate you had on the plane, too. :)

Glad you made it home safe and sound, even if things were a little in flux when you arrived home. Isn't that the way it goes?