Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fun with the In-Laws

I wish I could either a) be in two places at once, or b) have like 2 months in FL instead of 2 weeks...It's great that Justin and I both grew up in FL, and most of our family still lives here. It stinks that they live so spread out among the state! Anyway, Sunday Alana and I went to Maitland to Justin's Aunt Debbie's house. His mom and Marko also drove up there, so we could all visit. It's just about a 45 minute drive instead of 3 hours to Cedar Key. It was lots of fun, I just wish we had more time to spend. We're planning to come back sometime before Justin's deployment, so hopefully we will be able to do more then. Here's the play by play.

Alana and Grandma Judy
Noah being a good uncle and playing dolls
and tea party with Alana :)
Alana and one of Stephanie's dolls.
Alana (I'll explain the dress below).
Aunt Debbie getting a massage from Alana and Noah
Raphael and Stephanie
Judy and Marko
Judy and Noah
Me and Alana
(picture taken by Noah)
Alana, Noah and Grandma Judy
I emailed these pictures to Justin and he said "The pics are real cute, but what's up with the dress Alana is wearing?!" Haha. Ok, so apparently Stephanie had these little dresses that matched with her doll dresses...Aunt Debbie thought it would be cute to put one of them on Alana, the only problem was she didn't want to take it off. She loved this dress so much (try not to laugh) that she asked her if she could keep it. After much deliberation, Alana is now the proud owner of this Amish-looking dress. She asked if she could wear it to the airport today. I refused to allow it :)

We've had an amazing time here in FL, but we are on our way home tonight. I will miss everyone immensely, but I'm also ready to sleep in my own bed...withOUT Alana! I have the rocking-est sis, who also happens to be a massage therapist...let's just say she hooked me up yesterday with the massage of a lifetime! If any of you live in the LC, or you want to drive here to see what I'm talking about...email me. She's the best! (Thanks, Jess).

I still have lots to blog about from my trip...I'm days behind and I can't seem to catch up.

Peace, Love and Laura Ingles

3 comments:

Lindsay Schneck said...

I second that Jessica gives the best massages in the world! I could use a good Jess massage right about now :) Oh, and I totally have some matching doll and person dresses and even nightgowns from when I was little thanks to the American Girl doll collection. Thankfully there are no pictures that I know of...ha!

Jenna Lea said...

awwww... hahahaha!
that's so cute! esp. about the dress :)

I have the American girl doll Molly. Too bad i have no idea where she is. :/

Melanie said...

I could use one of those massages about now. I have a friend that is a massage therapist, but I don't see her much, and when I do we are usually busy doing other things.

I love the pics, and the dress. :) I think it looks cute on Alana. I really do like the pic with Alana and the doll who is nearly as big as she is. :)

So glad you had a good time.