Saturday, September 27, 2008

Heaven on Earth

Meet some of my family. Alana and I were lucky enough to get to go have dinner and spend some time with my mom's Aunt Priscilla, Uncle Herschel, her cousin Landon and her husband Mark. Alana thought she was going to burst at the seams with excitement as we drove down the clay road, passing orange groves and ::gasp:: cows! Oh, and one horse :) Growing up, I remember going there and how peaceful it always seemed. Jon used to go fishing there. Honestly, where they live is my picture of heaven. Pictures can only do it so much justice, but I thought I'd share them anyway.

Aunt Priscilla, Mark and Landon
(Uncle Herschel snuck away before I could get his picture!)
Alana and her new buddy standing in the pool
Feeding the fish, including at least one big bass!
I mean, seriously who wouldn't want to live here?
Alana on the mule
Alana driving the mule with a little help.
(funny story about that to come)
We were spoiled with a wonderful home-cooked meal...roast beef, corn souffle, peas. Of course all of this was finished off with a slice of banana cream pie that was not-so-homecooked by me :) Alana was so cute. I think it was like Disney to her or something. When we had come in from our trip around on the mule, Alana was washing her hands and said to me "Mommy, I didn't know I had a driver's license"...being totally serious. I laughed and said "You don't!" And then she asked so curiously, "Then how did I drive?" I love her! She's ready to go back and actually swim in her bathing suit. I didn't even think to bring it with us, because all of our pools closed Labor Day in Virginia. It always seems that time gets away from me and there's not time to pack in everything I want to do before we leave! I am so glad that we got to make this visit, though!

Peace, Love and 4x4s.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yall look like you are having so much fun on this trip! We both blogged about the places we were at seeming like "almost heaven"! Two great minds think alike!! Well enjoy the rest of your time!! Miss ya!!

Denise Schneck said...

There's no place like home...even if it was years ago!
Glad you got to go and have a great time!

Jenna Lea said...

that's so cute!!! :)
can't wait to hear that story ;)

Melanie said...

That's great. I love Alana's quotes. I do think you should make a book of them. LOL

Alana would have loved our trip to the lower pool at Zion today. We found a deer (a buck) and he was just laying there with his back to us without a care in the world. He was obviously used to people and not too concerned. LOL