Friday, September 26, 2008

Universal is WAY better than Disney World!

And I've got the pictures to prove it :) Alana is the one who said Universal is best. I don't know that she remembers Disney enough to make that comparison. My dad offered to take us to Disney when we came down for a visit...actually he offered to take Alana, I just come along as part of the package deal. Then he came into possession of some free one-day, two-park passes to Universal (thank you, Rock the Universe) so I suggested we try that instead. I wasn't sure how Alana would do, as it's hard knowing from one minute to the next what kind of mood a 4 year old will be in...but I did know that we would try! And I'm so glad we did! We had a blast! The park opened at 9 a.m., and we got there shortly after that...It closed at 6 p.m...and let's just say we were still 'riding' at 6! Talk about a long day! My feet are feeling the pain today...I couldn't take pictures on most of the rides, but here are some of the pictures I did take!

First stop, the Caro-Seuss-el
This ride got me wet. I'm still bitter :)
At the "zoo" in Seussland.
Pumping Water
Sliding in Camp Jurassic
(I should've got the picture of Papa coming down!)
Curious George's Ball Factory
Collecting balls for the guns :)
Who's that caged monkey?
Alana and Jessica in Bikini Bottom with SpongeBob.
She fell asleep in between rides for about 2 minutes...
and kept right on going!
Chasing pigeons
Jaws!
Me and Jess on the people mover, racing Papa and Alana who had to actually walk :)
Going to bed in her new SpongeBob nightgown!
Alana made me so proud yesterday. She's such a trooper! She rode all of the kid rides, and most of the big ones too! Did I mention there wasn't a wait longer than 10 minutes all day?! Her favorite (she says right now) was Shrek 4-D...her least favorite was Twister haha. She actually rode The Simpsons ride, and while there was a 9-10 year old girl screaming her life away for her dad to hold her during it, Alana was perfectly chill...although she said she was a little bit scared, she asked if we could go on it again. I thought it was ok, but I'm still sad that they replaced Back to the Future. I did see Doc Brown riding around on a tricycle contraption, though! We rode all of the Dr. Seuss rides (the caroSeussel, One fish, Two fish, The cat in the Hat, the Seuss train), ET, Woody Woodpecker's rollercoaster, Jaws, Jimmy Neutron...Jessica and I rode the Mummy, which is by far my favorite part of Universal! I'm probably leaving stuff out, but all in all, it was an amazing day...and I am so glad we chose Universal of Disney...we'll do Disney another time.

Peace, Love and theme park blisters.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like you really had a good time. I'm not really familiar with Universal other than knowing it exists. LOL

O.K. Still waiting to see pics of your dad going down the slide. LOL He's a trooper also, I think. :)

I love all the pics, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful day.I think I would never be able to get through that much in one day, but that darling little 4 yr. old sure looks like she took it all in stride and had a great time at it ! Hope you could spend this day "at rest" a bit .

Jenna Lea said...

awwww... i love those pictures! :)

glad you had fun!