Monday, October 13, 2008

Spider Jonah

This post is a bit past due, but there is good reason for it. I've already blogged about how our good friends moved to Washington state while we were in FL...Well, we didn't get to say goodbye. Jonah is not only Alana's "best friend" but also her first friend! So we wanted to do something special for him. We were 700 miles away, but Alana decided to Build-A-Bear for Jonah and send it to him as a special delivery to Washington. I wanted to wait to post this until he had received it...Just in case they might happen upon my blog and the whole anticipation be ruined!

First, she picked the softest bear she could find...

Then she hand-picked a special heart for it.

She rubbed it on her nose so the bear "knows" it's loved.
She also rubbed it on her knee so it would feel "needed".
She rubbed it on her funny bone so it would be funny.
Where do they come up with this stuff?!

Of course, she had to warm it up.

And when it was built, she picked out a special costume for it...
Presenting...
Spider Jonah!!!

As if the bear wasn't sweet enough...Watch the video.



For a translation, in case (Angie) your speakers don't work...
It's a voice recording in the bear that is Alana saying "I love you, Jonah and I miss you. You're my best friend."

Peace, Love and First Loves

4 comments:

Denise Schneck said...

Just when I thought she couldn't get any sweeter...

Jenna Lea said...

awwwww! That was SO SO CUTE!!!!
I love that girl.

Anonymous said...

i had to pull the headphones out for this one...she is so cute...such a great friend!

Melanie said...

That is so sweet. I love the nose, knee, funny bone thing. That is classic. :) The video says it isn't availble when I try to watch, though. :(

Spiderman makes me think of Jon, usually. LOL Now I will think of Alana and Jonah, too. :)