Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hugging my Child Today...

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am borderline obsessed with watching Nancy Grace...it started with Trenton Duckett, a little boy from Lake County that was reportedly missing. I got really into the story, especially when the boy's mom committed suicide (obviously pointing to her guilt or involvement)...So back in July when Nancy Grace started plastering this adorable little girl's face on the screen each night, I was hooked again. For those of you who don't know the story (you must've been living under a rock), the little girl was reported missing, but not until 31 days after the mom claims she went missing. The mom, Casey, has told a web of lies over the past 5 months about where Caylee is and who had her last. The bottom line is that all of the evidence pointed to the fact that Caylee was no longer alive and that her mom was at fault. They even arrested Casey, but after countless searches done by thousands of people they never turned up the remains of this child...Until today! My dad texted me this morning to let me know they had found a child's skull 3/10 of a mile from the Anthony's house. The only thing about this that made me smile, was the fact that a meter reader found the bag containing a skull, while "relieving himself"...The sheriff's office (off the record) proclaimed, "We've got her." While my heart sank for the loss of little Caylee's life...I felt a sort of relief for the closure this might bring the grandparents. Now it hasn't been confirmed 100% that the remains found belong to Caylee Anthony, but ALL facts are pointing that it is her. As I sat glued to my computer screen this morning, watching the live feeds from WFTV in Orlando, I asked myself how anyone could do this to a child. I am not the judge here...there's only One who can truly judge...I do, however, hope she gets the punishment that she deserves for this. I could never in a million years understand how one could take a life full of such innocence...Alana has seen Caylee's face on the tv and magazines for months now, and at times she has even asked to pray for her at bedtime...praying that she will come home safely and then come play at our house :) I tried to explain to her without scaring her, that Caylee was lost and that her family was looking for her. I have done everything I can do today to keep her from seeing or hearing the news. Not that she would understand (although I wouldn't put it past her), but I wouldn't even begin to know how to explain such horrific news to a 4 year-old when I don't even understand it myself! I finally turned off the computer...I had to step away from it all...As I got up, Alana ran in the kitchen and hugged me. It was random, and yet at the same time it wasn't. I think I hugged her a little harder today, for a little longer...

Rest in Peace little Caylee...

Peace, Love and Heaven's Angels.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made me cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I hope this is caylee and she can finally rest in piece...I could never imagine how you could do this to any person or THING, nonetheless you own child...I am sure to stay glued to the tv and to see whats going on but its just soooo sad!!! Makes you think about your kids and not take a second for granted!!! talk to you tomorrow!

Jenna Lea said...

i live under a rock.
goodness, that's sad.

Anonymous said...

living here in FL we get a steady dose of the story...like you I hope this is a closure for all who loved that beautiful little girl.Even tho' I think her mom is whacko, I hope they can't use that as a defense and that she gets her just reward!
My little girl is all grown up so give your little girl an extra hug for me xoxo

Melanie said...

I am so glad they found her one way or another. The not knowing has to be a real killer... not knowing if there is something that can be done, not knowing if you should hold onto hope of let go.

I really can't understand this either. It is so very sad.

I know there was on situation my girls ended up watching and praying with me over and that was a little girl named Candy Talerico (I think that was how it was spelled) but it was a stranger abduction and it had a happier ending.