Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gymini Crickets

Yesterday was Alana's last gymnastics class of the session. This was (in my opinion) the most instructional class she has had yet! The teachers, especially Ms. Sarah, were very thorough and hands-on. Then again, her first gymnastics class was taught by high school girls who were more concerned with talking to each other than teaching the kids. :) That, again, is my opinion haha. So before we left I told Alana that I wanted to take a picture of her in front of the Christmas tree...
This is how she posed...
Then this...
Alana loves gymnastics...she also loves ballet. She has been seeing Miss Tracey, her dance teacher, every week when we go to gymnastics--and now she wants to go back to her class. So I think that this next go-round we might be doing ballet again...maybe both? We'll see! I didn't take pictures in her class this time, because the last ones turned out so dark and blurry. I did video...and I was going to edit it and put it to music, but then I decided I had more important things to deal with right now :) So watch and enjoy in the raw form. (By the way, the kids were extra giggly and distracted because the parents are not usually in the gym at all) ALSO, the vault is pretty impossible to see, with all the beams in my way. I would have stood on one of the folding chairs, had I not thought it would break and I would come crashing down on the fellow parents in utter embarrassment...I know it's long and kinda boring, but I know a few grandparents that will watch :)



Peace, Love and Show-n-tell

5 comments:

Melanie said...

My daughter mainly just did tumbling, and a separate class on beam when she was a little older. I thought about getting her into a place that taught everything, and she wanted to, but she also didn't want to quit, and I couldn't afford both. It looks like Alana gets a pretty good work out in the class. She also taught for a few years, but she didn't really have the luxury of chatting instead of working since she was spotting the whole time. I was curious how they taught tumbling.
Anyway, not having any grandkids of my own I watched the whole thing. LOL

Jenna Lea said...

i will def. watch it later!
and i'm sure you wouldn't break the chair! :)

goodness, Alana is adorable with all of her poses.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those grdp that watched...very cute and she seems to have it down pat. Thanks for sharing
Grm. D xooxxo

Denise Schneck said...

Is there anything she can't do? A perfect 10 in my eyes!

Anonymous said...

hahah! she is lovely! her first post is very good. I would never think to post like her, so she is very original! :)
The video is sweet seeing how she does things!!!!
gooo alana gooo alana!!!