Thursday, December 25, 2008

I Celebrate the Day!

Ho, ho, ho...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day! Actually, I should say "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" and "Happy 1/2 Birthday, Alana!" My child is blessed to have what I call 'the perfect birthday'...it is exactly 6 months from Christmas. For anyone whose birthday is near Christmas, you know what I mean! We have had an amazing Christmas this year! Yesterday we hung around the house and Lawson (aka the other half of The Conspiracy Of) came over. We played more Wii...we ate breakfast for dinner (a new tradition Justin and I decided to start)...and Justin and I watched "The Nativity Story". Very cool movie if you haven't seen it :) We told Alana she could open ONE present last night if she was good all day...Yes, we unashamedly bribed her and here she is opening her gift.

Our Christmas tree last night
Alana's "Santa" gift and stocking
Crumbs!
Yay! My Barbie Peek-a-Boo Palace!!
Alana's gift to Daddy...Football cards!
(This was her idea and he was proud)
Wall-E
"Just Walk Across the Room"
Alana's Barbie My Home
Justin modeling his mom's gifts to him...
In a tank top and shorts :)
Brrr...Thanks, Uncle Noah!
My princess dress and purse!
Justin left around noon to head down to FL to see his family and friends there. Alana and I went to see the movie "Bedtime Stories"...It is a great movie, I highly recommend it :) Then we came home and put together her Barbie My Home thing...It said 50 pieces, but it was more like 500 when you factor in all the stickers and stuff that had to be strategically placed. It is keeping her occupied so I could post this blog, so I guess it was worth it! I hope that everyone has a safe and happy day!

I'll leave you with the Portas Family Christmas picture of the year...
Peace, Love and Fa-la-la-la-las

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I just had a phone call from Justin to tell me he was here safe and sound. we will get together tomorrow. He said you had posted your blog so I got right on to see it. You had a great christmas....he said it was really great to have a morning christmas there and now an evening one here with family. He sounds great...I can't wait to see him.I hope he has room to take home a little pkg. I have for Alana...You gals have a great Barbie time together, and thanks for sharing justin...Merry Merry Christmas, with love,Grt.Grm.Dill oxoxo

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I was just thinking that Justin's new outfit looked more like FL than VA, and then chuckled when I read that he was in FL. I love all the pics.

I love having breakfast for dinner. We haven't done it that much lately, but I've been wanting to. French toast.. Mmmmm. :) More often scrambled eggs and hash browns. If it weren't for that huge turkey dinner, I'd be getting hungry thinking about it. LOL

I've had The Nativity for a year, and still haven't seen it. My husband and daugher opted for CHUD. I opted to take the neighbors their gifts. LOL Maybe later today. :)

Glad to hear you had a Merry Christmas!!!

Unknown said...

jajaja, merry christmas to you guys!!!! i love the last picture its funny!!!! did alana got a lot of presents?? she looks pretty like always!!! i like the one she is wearing the things in her head! i dont know how u say it!!!!
nice nice nice!!!!!

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!