Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Mac and the Joker

I'm happy to report that my computer is back and better than ever :) No sooner did I get home from the mall, did they call and tell me it was ready to be picked up. I said I'd come get it tomorrow and then changed my mind and went tonight haha. The 3 day wait turned into 3 hours. I like that kind of wait. It's so pretty and clean that I'm almost afraid to use it. The whole top case and keyboard was replaced, free of charge! Everyone I know may have had cracks in their laptops...but they also all have the opportunity to get them replaced!


So there was a little bit of drama in my day. Of course, what would a day be without a little? I said I would take Alana to play on the playground at the mall while I waited on my computer...well, the playground was closed. It's closed for 2 weeks, actually...they are going to do away with the huge pieces of food and replace it with a Looney Toon Land. This is funny to me, because Alana has no clue who any of the Looney Toon characters are! It was hard to explain to her that the playground was not there...but I tried to change her mind and tell her that she would have much more fun reading books at the bookstore anyway. So we went. We barely started reading her books she picked out when the girl that does story time (the one with the drawn on painted swirly doo eyebrows--you have to see them to even understand) came and asked if Alana wanted to make a magic wand in honor of the new J K Rowling book that came out. She did, of course. It's pretty too--a stick with some glue and red glitter on the end haha. Then the guy dressed as an escape prisoner with a bird on his shoulder (don't ask, because I don't know), asked if she wanted her face painted. That should have been the first clue...I didn't think anything of it because he was using markers that clearly said "face painting" on them and 2 little boys had just finished getting theirs done. Alana obliged and asked him to make her look like a princess. I might post the pictures later...but right now I am still reeling over the fact that the make-up DOES NOT WASH OFF!!! I have tried soap and water, make-up remover, lotion...I'm about to try baby oil before she goes to bed, but the poor kid's face is sore. Justin came home and said she looked like the Joker. It's funny, but not. She kind of reminds me of pictures I've seen of myself after I had gotten into my mom's makeup. Needless to say, I called B&N and asked that they please stop painting faces with those pens and asked what the box said to use to remove it. They answered "Mild soap & water"...so apparently my fingertips and Alana's face are not normal. At least I took her Christmas picture yesterday!

I am going to go try round four of removing the makeup...I just had to try out my "new" computer!

Peace, Love and DC Villians

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my! The face painting scenario would not make for a happy moment. I know what you mean about it being funny and not. It's a good thing the Christmas pics are already done. It will wear off, eventually, though. Even permanent marker wears off. I know, my girls had Staind and who knows who else autograph their arms in permanent marker a few years back. I can safely say there is no trace now. Not sure if that helps. LOL

Anyway, glad your computer is as good as new. That is pretty cool. :)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh!!haha, but i know its not funny!Poor Alana!!! i hope u did get all the make up!!! but i bet she was so happy to look like a princess! I do want to see those pictures!
Im happy that u have ur computer back! i hope i could do the same with mine!!!mine is bad!

Anonymous said...

HAHA I had to laugh when you was talking about the girl with the swirlly dooo eyebrows...the first time I seen her I was like what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? I hope the baby oil worked!!! The mac is back!!! wahhoooo!! See ya in a few hours..thanks for watching Jalen today!! I owe ya one...bring alana over one day so you and justin can go do some shopping or something!!!