Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Whole Life is a Fog

I am posting this with the hopes that Justin actually comes home today...because if not he will see this before he gets home and the whole "surprise" will be ruined :) (His internet only works after 6 p.m. or so) But whatever, I'm posting it because I am being confident that the ship will return today. Once again, the day he is supposed to be home it is nothing but fog outside. Angie and I said our whole lives are a fog these days. We were only partially joking. If you've never been in a situation where your husband is here and then not for long periods of time, it's hard to understand...but we have to prepare in so many ways when they leave, but especially when they come home! A lot of the preparation involves cleaning and almost nesting...and a lot of it is also mental. So it's difficult to get your brain into the correct mode when there's so much uncertainty in the arrival...HOWEVER...we are hoping that the tides will bring them in :) I learned something new today...(thank you, Angie). Justin emailed and told me that they were gonna try to catch the tide later, and I was clueless as to what that meant. Apparently they can't come in if the tide is low because the ship could actually hit the tunnel. SCARY, right? I think I might never drive through it again...Oh wait, I have to!

Alana insisted we decorate for Daddy's arrival!
We tend to get a little goofy right before he gets home :)
Alana is making him a card...
And of course, we need fresh baked cookies...
Mmm...Peanut butter cups :)
Please baby, come home today...Because we miss you, but also because I can't afford to eat all of these cookies by myself. And if you don't come home, I might have to :)

Peace, Love and Praying for High Tides

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeje!!! the decoration looks good!!! and the card that alana is making for her daddy I bet its going to be great!!!!jejee. He will be happy to see all that if he gets home todya! i hope so!!
those cookies look so good!!! i want some too!!!!jeje.

Melanie said...

The closest I can come is that my husband was doing church directory photos for about a year, and I saw him basically one and a half days a week... that and the 2 weeks for reserves.

Just thought I'd point out that you don't HAVE to do all that (which I think makes it better), but it's obvious that you care, and I know he will appreciate it. I bet Alana does as well. The decorations look great! I hope Justin makes (or has made) it home today.

BTW, I love the silly pic of you and Alana. I really did laugh out loud when I saw it.

Anonymous said...

great post...we are all ready to see them for any amount of time we can get with them...haha love the decorations!! LOVE the LUCKY song! fits our lives perfectly when they are gone :) Hopefully I will see you in a bit and we can go get our sexy hubbies!! (not meaning justin is sexy...oh heck u know what i mean...) hahaha I know I sure miss mine too!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the decos and the cookies look great too...I know Justin really appreciates it and of course it is also helping Alana learn to express her love....Justin is very fortunate !!! Hope by now he's there...love to all.xoxo

brian said...

yummy cookies