Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fireproof


**Be sure and pause the music in the toolbar before watching the trailer!

Justin and I bought the book The Love Dare a while ago, not really knowing what it was all about. Mainly we just wanted something to read together, to help us grow as a couple. We soon figured out that it's not exactly something that is meant to be read together but it still had a lot of really good material. After a couple of failed attempts to see the movie Fireproof--one of which included getting stuck on a bridge for over an hour due to debris in the tunnel and missing the movie when we finally had a babysitter, I decided to just pre-order the dvd. I guess it was in November or early December sometime. Well, it finally came out this Tuesday and I went straight to Lifeway to pick up our copy. I was so excited to watch it last night, but then by the time Justin got home from the ship it was too late. Oh and to top it all off, my friend Felicia texted me last night during our dinner to tell me that we should see it and went on to explain how awesome it was. Nice way to rub it in :) Just kidding, she had no idea. Tonight, Alana went to bed super early (due to sleepy tantrums) and Justin and I finally got to see this movie we've been anticipating for so long. Before it started, I said "This BETTER be a good movie after all this"...and let me tell you, it was! I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is married, but even to people who aren't. It is such a great story of learning to love, the way Christ loves us. I literally sat and watched until the last credit was finished rolling...with a smile on my face! Justin said that EVERYONE should see this movie. I'm so thankful that people like Kirk Cameron (he's 38, by the way, we wikipedia-ed it lol) are willing to step out on limb and make movies like this one...

Peace, Love and I Dare ya to watch it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhh Can I borrow it?????????? Jeremy and I watched the trailer you posted and are excited to see it....I can tell I will cry already just watching that! hahaha See you in the morning!!

Melanie said...

Yea, I'd probably cry to. LOL They've been advertising in on one of the stations here. I missed it when it was in the theater. I hardly ever make it to the movies, but we own a ton of dvd's. I'll probably get a copy eventually.

So glad you were able to see it.

Good to see that Justin made it home, even if it was a little late. I hope he loved his decorations. :) I'm sure he did.

Jenna Lea said...

I shall watch it.
My mother has been trying to get me and my sister to go to the $1 movie to see it. (:
My mother loved it!