Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our "Super Party"

I know I'm a couple days late posting this, but a trip to the dentist yesterday left me feeling less than capable of writing a blog :) We spent the afternoon/evening Sunday at the McKinneys having a Super Bowl get together...or as Alana called it, a "Super Party". I promised Alana Saturday night that if she slept all night without waking me up (this is a huge issue right now!) we could bake cookies the next morning. She made it through the night without a hitch, so I had to stick to my end of the bargain. These couldn't be just any cookies, she wanted to use cookie cutters and make them. So much for my favorite go-to break and bake cookies :) They turned out pretty cute, considering I'm not a baker...

Rolling the dough out
Sprinkling some with football sprinkles!
And ta-da!
I must say that Justin once said he knew he picked a good wife when I could spell "Roethlisberger" :) It also made him proud that I knew his jersey number...I can't say I knew the Cardinals one without a little help from the internet...And as much as Justin loves the Steelers, he really wanted Arizona to win this one. He is a fan of Fitzgerald...
Here's Justin and Alana in their Cardinal colors before the game!
Jalen in his cage...
JUST KIDDING!
Goofing on the stairs :)
Goooooo team, GO!!!
So the Cardinals lost, but not without a good fight at the end. We came home during the 3rd quarter so Alana could get some much needed sleep in her own bed. It got exciting in the last 5 minutes or so, right? I could really care less about football, but I totally enjoyed the time that we spent with our friends! I told Angie that pretty soon we will be wishing to watch games with the guys!

18 more days...not that I'm counting :(

Peace, Love and Football fun

4 comments:

Melanie said...

The cookies turned out great! :) If you want to "cheat" sometime, I do think they make sugar cookies you can use a cookie cutter on. LOL But probably much more fun for Alana doing the whole thing.

I got a kick out of the pom poms.

Anonymous said...

Fun times :) 18 days away gosh it sucks so bad I dont even want to think of it...ewwww

Anonymous said...

good cookies!!! did they taste good!!!!!???? i bet thez did. alana and jalen look great like always!!!! jajajaja.
i like ur music !!! the guy sings very good and she also

brian said...

yummy!