Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:7-8 (NKJV)
Happy Valentine's Day! And yes, I look a mess...but hey, it's reality :) I am SO thankful that I got to spend today with my two sweethearts. We had a nice day, filled with love! I haven't been blogging much because Justin is on leave, and I am trying to enjoy every moment possible with him. I will probably be doing a mega picture post soon, catching you up on what's been going on! Today we baked special Valentine's Day cookies, thanks to a package from Grammy with all the special cookie cutters :)



Here's Alana with the bear Justin gave me and her Valentine bear and chocolates from Jalen!
Thanks, buddy!
Tonight we had church...It was kind of rough, knowing that it would be Justin's last service for a while. He leaves next Saturday...not sure how I will handle next week's service! Note to self: Waterproof mascara and tissues. So during worship, Pastor Fred came up like he normally did to pray and kind of get things rolling, and he said he had been awaken from a dream earlier this week. What I wasn't expecting was to hear the names "Justin and Allison Portas" roll off his tongue next! *Mind you, he's been in Niger, Africa for the last 2 weeks* He said he felt God speaking to him about us, and then he shared it with everyone. He let us know that no matter how "controlled" we feel by the Navy sometimes...how they tell us where to live, when we can be together, etc...that GOD is in control of the Navy. We may not control the Navy, but he knows Who does. It was very powerful, and I can't explain it...other than it was profound because it was something that we face every single day. I was totally caught off guard. I think Angie might have had some tears rollin', too! That's why I love her ;) We had a guest speaker tonight, and even he used us as part of his sermon! It's always awesome when God works in the ways He does, especially those that we least expect.

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I'm going to get back to spending time with my hubby while I can!

Peace, Love and more LOVE xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yea girl that was amazing last night in service....and yes I was BALLING my eyes out so much I had to take my glasses off...haha It makes me sick to just think about the next few months!!! At least we have each other, the guys have each other and most of all we all have GOD!! I am just excited to see what GOD has in store for all of us!!!!
p.s. Jalen was sooo cute giving Alana her gifts last night I wish I had taped it!!! haha

love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

oh the cookies look great and very good!!!! i like it! i bet they taste so good!
I like also ur picture, I never see you with ur glasses on! i like it!!!! and alana looks so sweet!
im glad u guys have a great day!!!! miss u!!!

Anonymous said...

the cookies look marvelous. What an exciting church sevice that was for you...God does speak in many ways doesn't he? Grd. and I celebrated our 41st anniversary yesterday...but we will have to celebrate next week "cause I've been sick with a terrific allergy cough that NOTHING stops...hugs to all of you...xoxoxo

Melanie said...

That is totally sweet. The cookies look great. You and Justin have almost the same exact smile in that pic.

I will try to keep you, Angie and the guys in my prayers next week especially.