Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quick Update

I'm alive. I'm well. As well as you can expect me to be anyway :) I found out yesterday that Justin actually has to be on his ship by Friday night...so you would think that the fact he's leaving in less than 72 hours for 5 months would've hit me by now. It hasn't. I'm not sure it will until I am leaving him at the pier. I remember the emotions that welled up inside of me when I dropped him off in October 2006. It was super early in the morning, and I wasn't very familiar with the base. I got lost, in the dark, and all my "strength" somehow went down the drain. Funny how that happens! When I think about that, it kind of prepares me for what's to come...but at the same time, I know that it will be different. I am not looking forward to being away from my husband. Not even a little bit. However, I hope to use this time to grow and spend time focusing on things that I might neglect when he is here.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." Psalm 28:7 (NIV)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jaja I just post a blog to IM ALIVE!!! jajaja. I though it was funny!
Friday night are the guys leaving, oh gosh! its going to be hard but you guys will make it. I hope this 72 hours go really slow so you and alana can enjoy justin as much as possible!
you know if u need anything i will be here! i not im in another country but if i can do anything! jeje.

have a nice day!!!

Melanie said...

I tend not to react to things until they are here quite often. I didn't used to be that way, though. It's probably a good thing so you can enjoy what you have now. I know this is hard for you, but I love your attitude.

Anyway, thanks to you and Justin and Angie, and her guy.

God's blessings, Melanie