Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Official...

Maybe the ship hasn't actually left port yet, but as far as we're concerned...he's gone. Today has been a day full of lots of love and emotion. It doesn't get any easier to say goodbye. You'd think that after being apart for 8 months the last time, 5 would seem like a breeze...it doesn't and it probably won't. The only thing we know is that our God is bigger than any deployment...and our love has withstood so much already, this can only make us stronger.

Alana loving on Daddy when he got home from work today
Does he think he's gonna be gone for a while?
Look at all this stuff?
Maybe if I sit on it he'll take me with him...
My two favorite people.
Alana is getting better at her photography skills
Gotta make those last minute phone calls!
Portas Love
And some more...
No Wii for 5 months either haha.
Beary can make it all better...
And if not, Daddy's kisses will...
It's ok, baby...Cry your heart out!
Cuddle times
Sweet dreams, Daddy.
I'd like to say I was all strong and tough today...but that would be a lie. I cleaned and did laundry til there was no more in sight...and then I did other useless stuff like play the wii to keep my mind off of Justin leaving. It didn't work. None of it. Wanna know why? Because Justin is my heart and the love of my life...He might be gone in the flesh but he is with me in spirit.

I love you, baby...We miss you already xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Peace, Love and Lonely Girls

6 comments:

Melanie said...

5 or 8 months, it's still a long time to be separated. I hope it goes by quickly for you.

I love the photos, especially the ones of the three of you.

Amy said...

I also hope the time goes by fast for you. The photos are wonderful and it is so great to see a family that is so loving and caring! Take care! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. :)

Anonymous said...

love all the pictures!!! yea its going to suck but I know we can do it!! haha Jalen can be the man for us girls...hahahaha

Jenna Lea said...

awh :(
I'll be praying for ya'll!

Anonymous said...

hey girl!
i hope this 5 months go really fast!
u guys have a great family! i love those pictures! u guys look great!

Anonymous said...

your pix are wonderful...3 of the most beautiful people in the world !!I love you all and pray for each of you daily...after all Justin is the 1st born son of MY 1st born son...
5 mo. is a long time but I know your love for each other will keep you both strong..keep in touch..xoxoxo