Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!!! Apparently there is no such thing as getting to sleep in on this special day, so we are all dressed and ready for church and still have time to spare. I was blessed with all kinds of gifts today! I got some new pajamas, a gift card to Old Navy, and a gift card to Massage Envy! Gotta love it! I also bought myself some new running shoes and used the excuse of Mother's Day to do it :) Possibly the best gift of all is that the SUN is shining today!

Gigi, Grammy and Alana
Grandma (Gigi), Me and Alana

The luckiest Mommy in the world!

Grammy and Alana

The three amigas!

I got an email from my dad early this morning, wishing me a Happy Mother's Day...He included this poem that I (clears throat) wrote for my mom for her first Mother's Day. I must say I was very articulate at 6 months old ;) I wanted to share it here...

The Very Best Mom
Allison Schneck
May 11, 1980

These last six months, since I was born
I’ve met a lot of ladies
Who, like my mom, get all excited
Holding little babies!

They’re nice, and soft, and cuddly, too,
Though some much more than others.
It’s clear they’ve gained experience
By being someone else’s mothers!

They coo and goo and smile at me,
Creating funny faces,
And hoping that they’ll make me laugh
By touching ticklish places.

I’m glad they love me – I love them too:
Those ladies who like to hold me
They’re some of my most special friends
Of whom my mother told me.

But I’ve come to this conclusion,
Having put them to the test;
That when God teamed up my mom and me
I got His very best!

Twenty-nine years later, I still have the same sentiments! I indeed have the BEST mom in the world...and if anyone wants to argue that with me, watch out. I've been working out!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Peace, Love and Mommies

5 comments:

Andrea said...

happy mother day to you 3!!! the pictures are so CUTE. Allison your family looks so nice!!! :) and alana is getting bigger also!!!!

Jessica! said...

Happy mommy's day!! So I just gota tell you that you look awesome!! You're shrinking and I'm getting bigger lol! Hope your day is super special! We miss you guys here soo much! Happy Mothers Day! Love yall!!

Nancy said...

Happy Mother's Day! Thank you so much for the card.
I hope you had a special day today. I have to ditto what Jessica said, you look awesome!

Melanie said...

Happy Mother's Day! :) I love all the pics, but the one of you and Alana is really gorgeous. :)

I can't say I had time to spare this morning. I got up at 9:30 a.m. for a 10 a.m. service and made it just before the announcements. LOL

Hope you had an awesome day!!

--Melanie

P.S. Cute poem. I knew you were exceptional. ;)

Angie said...

very cute pictures...and poem...hhaa but one thing your dwindling away!!! you look AMAZING girl...I can see a big change already!! Happy mothers day!!!miss you guys!!!