Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tootsie Roll Countdown

It started with a jar...

...and some Tootsie Rolls

...and a crazy pile of stickers.


So we sorted out some letters.


And carefully applied them one by one...


Exactly where we wanted them.


And voila!

"Count the Days"


"Til Daddy"


"Comes Home"



Our project is complete!


Now let me explain...The jar contains 2 Tootsies Rolls for every day Justin has left out to sea. I can't tell you exactly how many that is because that would go against OPSEC and from what I hear loose lips sink ships :) It seems like a lot, but we are on the home stretch! We will each take out one and eat it (or wait to eat 7 every free day if you are me, per Alana)...when the Tootsie Rolls are gone, Justin will be home! And we will be two very happy girls! We had a lot of fun decorating our jar, and I think it turned out really cute. For the record, the hearts glow in the dark!

Also...

Alana got a haircut!
The back is all one-length now...
Yay! (from me who has had to deal with the growing out stage)

I think she's happy about it, don't you?


Peace, Love and Midgees...Lots of Midgees.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

What a CUTE idea! Love the tootsie jar!! And Alana's hair is so cute!

Melanie said...

I have to agree. That is a really cute idea. I bet Alana really loved it, too. :) And her hair does look really cute. :) Love all the pics.