Sunday, July 5, 2009

Alana's 5th Birthday at Disney!!!

I realize that Alana turned five about 10 days ago...but I have been in FL and didn't have my USB cable for my camera OR my computer with me! The good news is that I have both of those things now, and I'm here to share a TON of pictures from our day at the happiest place on earth!

We had cake and ice cream the night before at Papa's house...
And off to the Magic Kingdom!
Grammy and Alana waiting for the tram to take us to the park.
The birthday girl, waiting once again...
This time for the ferry!
Finally, we made it...
And Alana was in awe of what she saw!
Cinderella!
...and Belle! (and Beast)
Let's not forget Ariel and Prince Eric!
And what would a trip to Disney be without the Country Bear Jamboree?!
Grammy and Alana on the teacups!
Before I was too dizzy...
Look at that smile!
Whooooooa, Mommy!
At Pooh's Playground
On Cinderella's Carousel
Let's not leave Grammy out :)
I told Alana she could pick a hat for a souvenir...
Of course, she picked this one!!!
Refueling with some H20
And then back to Pooh's Playground...
Still there...
You take a kid to Disney and they want to play on a playground :)
Don't believe the rumors...it's still there.
It's a Small World!
"Wow, Mommy look at all this cool stuff!"
Breaking for dinner, just in time for the rain to start!
But it cleared up in time for the fireworks to happen...
Me and Alana waiting for the fireworks to start!
Cinderella's Castle (from the back)
This was my favorite part of the entire day...maybe of my entire life!
Watching Alana, watch the fireworks!
Dumbo!
The front of Cinderella's Castle
On the tram back to the car...
At midnight, and she's still smiling!!!
And then about 5 minutes later...
Wow, what an amazing time we had! I have been to Disney more times than I can count, but it's never been as fun as it was when I saw it through Alana's eyes! We rode tons of rides (not pictured) like the Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, a Goofy rollercoaster...We had ice cream and went to Storytime with Belle...We also saw not one, but TWO parades. Even I was impressed with the SpectroMagic parade. It was awesome! I have video of both that and of Alana watching the fireworks...I might have to post it on here somewhere before too long :) I'm so incredibly pleased with how our trip went, though. Alana was a complete angel the entire time...she walked the entire 11+ hours that we were there...and didn't complain even once! Must be because she's FIVE now!

Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

The pictures are awesome. I haven't been to Disneyland in years and never to Disneyworld (although my daughter went there for her honeymoon.) So glad Alana had a good 5th birthday! :) Sounds like mom had fun, too.