Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cow Appreciation Day!

My last couple of posts have been pretty serious, so I thought I'd lighten the mood. Unless you live under a rock, you probably know that yesterday was "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick Fil-A restaurants everywhere. Maybe I just know that because I go there every other day :) Anywho, yesterday the doorbell rang and I thought it was Alana's friend from across the street, Caitlyn. I was right, it was...but she was dressed as a cow! Elizabeth and Caitlyn apparently don't know about our Chick Fil-A addiction either, because they ran straight over to tell us about the "free meal if you dress like a cow" day. They even brought over extra cow parts for Alana!

Alana, Caitlyn and Elizabeth

We decided to make our way to Chick Fil-A for dinner, even though that hadn't been the plan. Alana put her spots, etc back on...and said...
"Mooooooo!"
She didn't want to wear the cow stuff, so we told her she didn't have to. Then once we got there and she saw all the other kids with their cow spots galore, she had an all-out meltdown. I should've known! She was crying and saying, "I can't...even...look at...any of the kids...because it makes me...want to have my cow costume on!" She is quite dramatic, but she comes by it honestly :)

Just thought I'd share these pictures with everyone! Especially you, Melanie!

Peace, Love and Free Chicken

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ahhh... She looked so cute in her cow costume. LOL :)

My daughter dressed up for it. She did it last year as well. She told me that you could just print the spots from online (but making the tee shirts was more fun.) I thought of you, but I found that out after the fact.
She also said they broke about even on the cost last year with the tees, and this year it was all a bonus.

Thanks for sharing. Glad you got to take part. :)