Monday, May 21, 2007

Atypical Navy Wives Reunite!


Well, it's now official...I am in the same time zone as Justin. When I found that out, I instantly felt like I was on an airplane...about to jump out (with a parachute, of course). If I'm feeling this way today, I can only imagine how it will be on Wednesday morning when I'm driving to the base...or better yet (thank you, Santana for pointing this out) how will I feel when I see the ship pull in and we have to wait for them to get off? All of my nervousness is good...it's like getting butterflies before that first date...only to the one millionth power. Luckily, my husband is amazing. We have an even better level of communication thanks to the US Navy. He called me a little while ago to "use up his last 12 minutes" on his phone card. That's a great feeling...to hang up the phone, knowing that the next conversation I have with him will be face-to-face. In the meantime, I have a sick child to mend back to health. And I have my most favorite friend back in town to help distract me...we will distract each other...We take pride in not being the stereotypical navy wives. In fact, we are quite the opposite. Just ask Natalia, that's what she loves about me--the fact that I "know nothing". Whatever works! She's the best and I am thankful for this deployment because without it our paths may have never crossed. Ok, go ahead :::sniff, sniff::: Don't worry this sappy sentimental entry is going to come to a close, as I must go to my least favorite place on the face of the earth...for those of you who don't know where that is...Walmart! Two...more...days. And then, my heart will be whole...and I will be surrounded, not only by good friends...but the best husband a girl could ask for!

1 comment:

jon schneck said...

you are totally linked on my blog.... see you later.

js