Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tick tock it don't stop


Why am I being haunted by this tiny critter? Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. It seems like this week has been ruled by the tick. First of all, I saw Dr. Oz (on Oprah) talking about how ticks are cause for high concern...he talked about how many viruses and deadly diseases that ticks can carry. As if that wasn't bad enough, the next morning when I went for a nice trail run--My friend's daughter had a tick on her arm. Naturally, I assumed that either Alana or I would have a tick, too. That afternoon, I was bored and reading a myspace survey that one of my friends had posted and under a question about their biggest fear, they listed "ticks". So last night when I told my mom that Alana went to bed with a fever, she asked me if I checked her for ticks thoroughly...because she had just seen an episode of House that involved a tick. So seriously...I woke up and inspected Alana for the 100th time. And it's all just paranoia. I'm just wondering why me? Why am I all of a sudden being tormented by a little creature like this? It's to the point that Alana is coming up to me, like the little monkey that she is, and saying "Mommy, I check you for ticks"...In the meantime, the clock is ticking...barely. Tick...tock...it seems like the time has almost stopped. I am so ready for Wednesday to be here...and for today's reality to be just a distant memory. Tick...tock.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

O.K. I must have seen your blog before. I remember the post about ticks. LOL I've had similar misadventures with other pesky creatures, but I'm not going to start anything and mention my paranoias to add to the mix. LOL

Hopefully you don't live in Lyme, CT. ;)