Monday, May 14, 2007

Nesting is for the Birds


So I went to the homecoming brief and made complete fun of the people there who said they had been cleaning behind their refrigerators and stoves, in preparation for their hubbies' return. I laughed it off and said Justin will be lucky if our floors are vacuumed when he gets back. Then I woke up this morning...I have no idea how it happened, but I found myself cleaning out the pantry and the refrigerator...Next thing you know I will be mopping the ceilings. I'm not sure that I ever got into the complete "nesting" part of pregnancy, considering Alana was born early. I guess I'm making up for it here. It still hasn't hit me that Justin will be home next week. I think someone needs to pinch me and tell me I'm not dreaming. I'll believe it once I see them tying off the ship. Maybe...So on a completely different subject...I decided last night that I rather like Virginia. It does have its perks. I think I just haven't figured them all out yet :) We went to have ice cream with our most awesomest neighbors after our afternoon naps yesterday. They took us to this quaint little beach and we had Ben & Jerry's and the kids played in the sand and built sand castles. It was nice. It will be even nicer when Justin is home and I won't feel like the odd man out...Melissa has Marc, Alana has Jonah...and then there is me haha. I would love to ramble some more, but I'm sure there is a closet to be cleaned out or some baseboards to be scrubbed. Ah, the life of a navy wife.

1 comment:

John Schneck said...

Nice Blog...Great Pictures...Fun Rambles...I love you!
Daddy