Sunday, July 15, 2007

Checkmate!


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)

Have you ever asked God for something, whether for answers or something more materialistic, and then questioned they way He answered you? It's kind of like playing chess with God...I am clueless when it comes to the game, because I have no sense of strategy and lack the ability to have the foresight needed to play. While someone as inexperienced as me would take the obvious route of moving straight ahead to take the pawns out, God has a bigger plan...and He will work His way around the board to the "rooks" and "bishops" in our lives first...We might ask, "Why did You do that, God?" But He always has a plan for us far bigger than what we can foresee. And before we know it..."Checkmate!" He shows us the answers that He had for us all along. When I think back to 10 years ago, it amazes me the long and winding road that has led me to where I am today. I can remember all the bumps I hit and all too many wrong turns that I took, but all the while I know that God had His hand in where He was leading me. Justin and I feel as though we are being called to do "bigger and better" things once his time is up in the Navy...and we are going to use these next years as a time of preparation and growth. We know that God will not send us on any journey that He doesn't prepare us for first...We are trusting that God is getting us ready for the checkmate of a lifetime!

5 comments:

Jenna Lea said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait to see what the "checkmate" will be. :D You're amazing and in my prayers!

sjaarnaeh said...

Like Jenna Said, This Is Really Exciting! Also As Jenna Said Im Praying For You And Your Family And Cant Wait To See What God Has in Store For You Guys :D

anne said...

Amen to that sister!!

Angela said...

That has to be one of the best analogies for Gods plan that I have heard. I always have to remind myself that even if I don’t understand why these things are happening to me God knows why and he has a plan. =)

Melanie said...

What a great illustration. I know about the bumps and turns, usually because I make a wrong move. Sometimes I have to wonder why God leaves me in the game, but I'm grateful that he does. It's a good thing that we belong to the chessmaster. :)

God's blessings in wherever He leads you.